Tempest - Scepter/x Fresh Air
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Tempest build for running around in open world. This build is highly mobile, difficult to kill, and capable of high AoE damage with Overload Air.
- For a melee variant that uses Dagger mainhand see Tempest - Dagger/x Fresh Air.
- Warhorn is used for AoE damage and control. You can run offhand Dagger for more mobility, or Focus for defensive skills such as Swirling Winds and Obsidian Flesh.
- You can carry a Staff for tagging mobs in open world farming.
- Healing Skills
- Glyph of Elemental Harmony - burst heal.
- Arcane Brilliance - more damage and blast finishers for Might and healing.
- Ether Renewal - if conditions are a problem.
- Utility Skills
- Arcane Wave - more damage and blast finishers for Might and healing.
- Conjure Frost Bow - heavy defiance bar damage via Deep Freeze.
- Lightning Flash - for mobility.
- Elite Skills
- Conjure Fiery Greatsword - for mobility.
- Latent Stamina - more dodges at the cost of your passive stun break.
- Lucid Singularity - if not running warhorn.
- Run Fire instead of Arcane for ~10% higher damage but less sustain from Evasive Arcana.
- Smothering Auras - if you need condition cleanse.
- Blinding Ashes - provides more Blind if having trouble with trash mobs.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses the same gear as the Tempest - Power DPS build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- For a tankier option you can run full Marauder's stats. You lose about 10% damage but your health is increased by almost 60%.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- This build relies on the interaction between Overload Air and Fresh Air. After using Overload Air, you can swap to another attunement and reset the cooldown on Air Attunement with any critical hit. This lets you spam Electric Discharge and Overload Air to powerful effect.
- The attunement you swap to after Overload Air depends on the situation:
- Fire Attunement has powerful burst damage skills in Dragon's Tooth and Phoenix. It also provides a fire field in Wildfire.
- Water Attunement grants Water Trident and Water Globe for sustain, as well as Tidal Surge for CC.
- Earth Attunement grants Sand Squall for Protection and Dust Storm for area damage and Blind.
- After using the skills you need, you should swap back to Air Attunement and autoattack while waiting for Overload Air to recharge.
- DPS is mostly passive with this build; just make sure you're hitting things with your Overload Air and using Lightning Strike and Lightning Orb off cooldown.
- Never interrupt Overload Air.
- Weave in Dragon's Tooth, Phoenix, and Dust Storm when you can for more damage.
- Cast Phoenix on the other side of your target so it hits both on the way out and back.
- You can blast Wildfire with Dragon's Tooth, Phoenix, or Sand Squall to grant area Might.
- Glyph of Storms in Fire or Air can be used as a high-damage opener.
- The best defense is always to dodge or sidestep attacks. Use the high Vigor uptime of this build to your advantage.
- Glyph of Storms continuously blinds enemies for 10 seconds when used in Earth Attunement. Dust Storm is another AoE blind, and Blinding Flash and Dust Devil provide additional single-target blinds.
- You can use Tidal Surge and Cyclone to interrupt enemies.
- To block something without interrupting Overload Air, you can use Arcane Shield.
- Glyph of Elementals, used in Earth Attunement, creates a tanky elemental that can help take pressure off you.
- Always be spamming skills to maximize the healing from Signet of Restoration.
- If running Arcane, you can dodge in Water Attunement to get Cleansing Wave from Evasive Arcana, which only has a 10-second cooldown. This is your main source of healing and condition cleanse.
- You can create a water field with Water Globe and then blast it with Phoenix or Sand Squall for area healing.
- Phoenix cleanses a condition.
- You can run Ether Renewal or Smothering Auras to better deal with condition pressure.
- Glyph of Elementals, used in Water Attunement, creates an elemental with strong healing and condition cleanse on a short cooldown.
- If you need healing really badly, you can run away and Overload Water.