Tempest - Staff Tempest
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Strike damage
A long-ranged tempest build for open world farming with a zerg. This build is primarily focused on dealing area damage in group farms and does not function well solo.
This setup provides high damage and uses gear similar to Build:Tempest_-_Power_DPS, making it a good option for general PVE.
- Ascended gear is not required for open world, exotic works fine.
- Note the second staff is for stacking sigil purposes and is not required.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- - DPS
- - defense
- (and variants) - farming
- / - DPS
Damage / Tagging
- Use off cooldown on groups of enemies.
- Use and on large, static groups of enemies or bosses.
- - Useful for rapidly tagging weaker enemies.
- - Instant cast tagging of nearby enemies (if equipped).
- - Instant cast wide area tagging (If equipped).
Defense & Support
- - Powerful defensive evade and movement skill, can be used in any direction by rotating your character.
- and - Significant condition removal to both yourself and allies.
- , and - Area healing.
- - A large area blind.
- , and - Can be used on water fields for additional area healing or on fire fields for extra might.
- and - For blocking moving targets (has no effect when the enemy is stationary).
- and - Soft CC options.
- - From Ice Elemental if equipped.
- - From Air Elemental if equipped.
- - if conditions are a problem. Synergizes with covering its long channel time.
- - Powerful burst heal.
- - Good AOE damage especially if running the Arcane variant
- - More single-target damage than .
- - More tagging and AOE might
- - Excellent stunbreak
- - Mobility.
- - High damage and mobility.
- - Summon which deals damage and generates might (Fire) or can provide a frontline if you are solo (Earth).
- - Higher might uptime if needed.
- - Fury and swiftness if using aura traits/utilities.
- - Mobility, especially when paired with .
- - More frequent access to and a ferocity boost.
- - Additional boons when overloading, useful if running .
Replaces fire. Adds defense and utility at the cost of damage.
- - Improves revive power in zergs.
- - Use this when running with a group that grants lots of boons.
- - Provides good defensive abilities on dodging while in or
- - provides a huge increase to sustain in a zerg
- / - Crit-chance runes, the latter also providing more boon uptime
- - Cheap offhand sigil
- - Extra defense in a zerg
- - Option for more self Might generation
- - Damage buff against groups of weaker enemies.
- - Budget food (if not using ) for added self might generation
- / - Budget DPS food.
- - Budget DPS utility.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade