Tempest - Staff Tempest
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
This build is focused on dealing area cleave damage at range in meta events. Its use of a staff brings decent area DPS at a very long range, making it easy to tag enemies in normal meta events such as Drizzlewood Coast and Dragonfall. Note that this is a farming build and is not designed to be used solo.
- Long range AOE
- Easy to play
- Decent cleave DPS
- Low defense
- Low sustain
- Low single target DPS
- - if conditions are a problem. Synergizes with covering its long channel time.
- - Powerful burst heal.
- - good AOE damage
- - more single-target damage than .
- - more tagging
- - excellent stunbreak
- - more mobility.
- - high damage and mobility.
- - higher might uptime; use if taking this trait
Replaces fire. Adds defense and utility at the cost of damage.
- use this when running with a group that grants lots of boons.
- provides good defensive abilities on dodging while in or
- If running this variant, replace with
- Ascended gear is not required for open world, exotic works fine.
This setup provides high damage and uses gear similar to Tempest - Power DPS, making it a good option for general PVE
This set trades -10% damage for +60% health.
The gear with this build is relatively flexible.
- - provides a huge increase to sustain in a zerg
- - use with the Berserker's variant to fine-tune crit chance
- - budget option
- - cheap offhand sigil
- - extra defense in a zerg
These consumables increase profit per hour.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
Damage / Tagging
- Use off cooldown on groups of enemies.
- Use and on large, static groups of enemies or bosses
Defense & Support
- and provide significant condition removal to both yourself and allies.
- is a decent area heal.
- is a large area blind.
- and (in Lightning Hammer)
- (from Ice Elemental)
- (from Air Elemental)