Tempest - Staff Tempest
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This build can deal high AOE damage from a distance and excels at quickly killing large groups of mobs. It does less damage than its Weaver variant but features much more squad support and survivability.
- The Arcane Variant has more defensive skills and can cast many of its damaging spells on the move, making it more forgiving for solo players.
- The Air Variant is more immobile and takes more planning, but capable of much higher damage. It excels when supported by other players in group events, allowing the Tempest to deal damage from safety.
- Healing Skills
- - if conditions are a problem. Synergizes with covering its long channel time.
- - Powerful burst heal.
- - allows you to make good use of combo fields.
- Utility Skills
- - more single-target damage than .
- - higher damage than if you don't need the defense.
- - more mobility.
- - get out of jail free card.
- Elite Skills
- - high damage and mobility.
- and for a higher damage build.
- provides good defensive abilities on dodging while in or
- This variant excels when supported by other players in group events, allowing the Tempest to deal damage from safety.
- Use for your heal.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses standard raid/fractal gear and is a good general PvE gear-set.
- The Open World Variant should be used by players who do not care about gear for raids and fractals.
Marauder / Open World Variant
- For a tankier option you can run full Marauder's stats. You lose some damage but gain a massive boost to health. Most open world players should aim for this set.
You can check our Guide on Gear Variants to find good alternatives for this build! Open World Gear Variants Summary
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- , , , , and are the core of this build.
- AoE placement is very important with this build, as they make up the bulk of your damage. Be sure enemies won't move out of your attacks after you cast them.
- You can place or to trap enemies in your .
- You can aggro enemies with a ranged attack, then run behind a wall or corner to break line of sight. This forces enemies to come to you and lets you hit with an easy / combo.
- You can use without interrupting .
- provides an extra body that can tank damage for you, which can be helpful for doing hero points or group events without support. Earth Elemental draws enemy aggro and takes hits for you, while Ice Elemental provides great crowd control and healing.
- If using or , treat these as high-damage fillers you can use while and are both on cooldown.
- is one of your most powerful skills. You can use it in Air or Fire for a high-damage opener, or in Earth for a zone that continuously blinds enemies.
- deals more damage, but has a much shorter cooldown allowing you to throw it out liberally.
- blinds enemies for 10 seconds, allowing you to channel with impunity.
- and (in Lightning Hammer)
- (from Ice Elemental)
- (from Air Elemental)