Tempest - Tagging Tempest
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- IMPORTANT: You must have "Allow Skill Retargeting" checked for this build to function.
- This build specializes in tagging multiple enemies very quickly. It has relatively low damage, and so is generally inferior to Staff builds for farming large groups of mobs. It excels at farming in extremely fast-paced trains where damage matters less, such as the Mad King's Labyrinth or Lake Doric Leather Farm.k
- This build revolves around use SCEPTER 1 in , . When combined with TAB TARGETING while the "Allow Skill Retargeting" option is checked, you can force the beam to affect a new enemy every tick, cycling between any targets within 900 range of you. Combined with a this means you will frequently be able to tag nearly any mob that you can see on your screen well before they die. With your , , and , you can even keep up with Daredevils and Mirages in zergs.
- This build is very active, as you will be constantly spamming your TAB key in order to force to retarget. I found it fun for the first hour or two, but the constant tab spam will eventually wear most people down. Consider this when choosing a tagging build. The short range also makes this build an inferior version of Druid - Staff Farmer, as the mechanic behind the two is identical (beam retargeting). However, this is the best possible tagging build for elementalist when it comes to fast-paced zergs like Lab and Lake Doric. Tempest was chosen because of its many stunbreaks, group support, and access to superspeed and is the superior option between the three elementalist specs.
- Utility Skills
- You can run over for stunbreak.
- You can run Warhorn for more utility at bosses at the cost of mobility.
- This is the standard variant of the build.
- Gear: Berserker's gear offers higher DPS but reduces your defense significantly.
- If you are not having trouble with mobility, consider and ⇒ instead.
- Use this variant in the Mad King's Labyrinth
- Editor's Note
- The blank trinkets here are not a mistake; they are the preferred method of farming in Mad King's Lab. Lower DPS is more valuable, to an extent, as it allows others to tag normal mobs easier. A weapon swap here is not necessary but is recommended as the slight DPS boost at booses is worth it, generally. You should be using MASTERWORK weapons while tagging normal mobs.
- The build listed here is "min maxed" in a way. You can get by with simply running all Magi's armor, or just running Berserker's or Marauder and removing your trinkets. Just remember to let others have a chance to tag.
- Zerg build consumables focus on amplifying experience and karma gain over damage, as zergs often have enough damage. Experience and Karma are typically converted into gold or materials through various processes, so food that boosts them is more valuable than food that does not.
- Use ascended food before using any other food below.
- Use for general farming.
- for maxing out magic find.
- if you need more healing.
- Lump of Crystallized Nougat or other Halloween Utility.
- Camp Air Attunement and use , , and . Use Overload Air when you can get on top of groups of mobs. Use TAB to constantly retarget, ensuring you hit as many groups of mobs as possible.
- You can swap to other attunements and then swap back quickly to proc . This is recommended on bosses.
- Use your shouts off cooldown
- Use for mobility or for extra AoE while skills are on cooldown.
- You can use for mobility.