Tempest - Midline Auramancer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Auramancer provides strong crowd control, high survivability and team support through auras, group healing and downstate control.
This set has high healing, high personal sustain and access to more auras, however does not bring the same ground play and cleanse as Staff. This set is better suited for lower numbers or GvG.
Bring Focus for self sustain.
- gives allies the ability to immob on their next attack, due to Elemental Surge, if you are on Earth Attunement.
- versatile personal stability
- personal defensive option with utility for rez/stomping.
- defensive utility
- for a smaller AoE Immobilize with team support.
- and for the highest burst healing option.
- Highest over time heals per second at the loss of condition cleanse or burst healing
- If you find yourself having issues being focused.
- feast option with additional concentration
- Swap for:
- defensive option with boon duration.
- for better downstate control.
- Under General Options / User Interface check "Always show squad health bars" and "Always show party health bars". These will make it much easier to keep track of who needs your support. "Thick squad health bars" and "Thick party health bars" can help out for better usage, but are up to personal preference.
- Under "Squad Options" uncheck "View as a grid". This will allow you to keep track of your allies' boons, conditions and health, enabling a better decision-making and skill management.
- Having 2 Staffs allows you to stack the stacking sigil in one staff and then, out of combat, swap to the other staff, while keeping the sigil stacks.
- This build, whilst a defensive healer, has incredible access to instant CC, mostly by using in . This is an instant cast skill, and should be used the moment commanders call for Wells, Shades, or just generally bombing.
- Staff skills like and can be used after Immobilizing, to further catch enemies in your allies' damage.
- Your auras do not stack in duration, try to avoid overlapping the same aura unless it is absolutely necessary for healing.
- All your Overload skills are stunbreakers, affect multiple targets and are channeled. It means you can't interrupt it (unless you swap atunnenements) or cast other channel skills while overloading, keep it in mind.
- If you Overload an Attunement, it will increase even more the Attunement cooldown. Remember that so you can evaluate whether overloading or accessing its skills more often is the better choice.
- For example, you might not want to use , because you can go into Earth more, proc and 5-man share Protection, use , etc. Or you might want to Overload it for the 10-man pulsing Protection, soft CC, etc.
- All shouts hit 10 targets, allowing the Tempest to support a lot of people effectively with burst healing, stunbreaks, Superspeed and of course Rebound.
- is extremely powerful for on demand superspeed to both engage and disengage.
- is a potent AoE heal and Frost Aura application, which also cleanses 2 conditions from 10 targets.
- The best use of is when it avoids fatal damage and heals you. Use it when you anticipate significant incoming damage on you or an ally.
- Is a very powerful AoE heal the closer you are to allies. Try to coordinate it with your party so they receive each pulse of the channel to maximize the healing.
- Go into fire if you need an instant evade from (Gfycat: Burning Retreat Trick) or might stacking from . Not recommend to keep attuned for the other fire skills.
- will be used for the pulsing Protection on engages, and, if on melee range, for the Cripple and Immobilize ticks, all hitting 10 targets. It's also one of the few sources of self Stability in the build.
- You can blast your own water fields with by either casting first then quickly swapping to water and using either or before it goes off or by casting then immediately swapping to water and using on it. Keep in mind the long proc time.
- on demand aura to keep up group support. proc it to provide Protection for your party, and a blast finisher, whenever you have Magnetic Aura. Remember both skills have different cooldowns.
- should be used right after for chain CC. It's direction is based on your where your character is looking. Turn briefly while casting the skill to aim it and effectevily block the passage. Gfycat: See GYF for explaination
- projectile skill that will be used for the immob as well.
- Go into Air for fast and ranged CC with and and to remove soft CC with .
- has a long channel and 3 target cap, whilst decent ground pressure for cleave and swiftness stack.
- great source of condi cleanse and healing over time. Try to not interrupt the channel to benefit from the final burst healing.
- is an okay filler when you've got nothing better to do. Make sure that you do not have an enemy targeted (and that auto targeting is disabled in the options) when using this skill, as you should either aim this at your feet or at an ally.
- will be used mainly due to the low cooldown blast finisher. Try to place it on top of water and ice fields for more sustain through AoE healing and auras. Since the spike has a long animation, try to cast the skill before dropping the field to avoid downtime.
- is a key skill. You want to have it for manual rez situations, when other downstate control tools like and failed or were insufficient.
- Cast it on top of the downed ally to mitigate the cleave, then start to manually rez to proc another Geyser from .
- If you're about to die, dropping this AoE at your feet restores downed health for you, making it easier for allies to get the rez.
- turns the caster invulnerable, allowing you to rez without getting interrupted or killed.
- Note: Mist Form must be activated AFTER starting to revive an ally, otherwise it won't work.
- It also gives a strong ticking healing, despite the small radius, for alive allies. Try to combo it with .
- use it to soft CC enemies with Chill, along with Shades, Wells and rev pressure. For supporting, put it on top of your group to be blasted, which gives AoE Frost Aura.
- will be placed on choke and clashing points to mitigate condition pressure. It covers a large area, abuse it.
Counters and Weaknesses
- Heavily reliant on group support for stability
- YouTube: [NYAN] Kirena
- YouTube: [vR] Crann
- YouTube: [BoRP] Kirena
- YouTube: Ash GvG and WvW