Thief - Acrobatic Sword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Thief build for PvE players without access to expansions. This build deals good cleave damage with Sword and has a lot of dodges for avoiding damage.
- Healing Skills
- Signet of Malice - if you take very little incoming damage.
- Hide in Shadows - if having issues with burning, poison, bleeding, or confusion.
- Utility Skills
- Shadowstep - alternative stun break, a mobility skill that also cleanses conditions.
- Roll for Initiative - another good stun break.
- Smoke Screen - blinds enemies and destroys projectiles.
- Tripwire - if crowd control is needed.
- Shadow Refuge - to escape from enemies or stealth past them.
- Elite Skills
- Invigorating Precision - if you need healing. If you take this take Thrill of the Crime to keep up fury.
- This build uses similar gear to the Daredevil - Power DPS build for fractals and raids.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- Sword is your main weapon in this build. Shortbow has very poor DPS, and is mainly useful for mobility (via Infiltrator's Arrow) and farming group events.
- Lead Attacks is your main damage multiplier. Spam Headshot or Black Powder to burn initiative and quickly accumulate Lead Attacks.
- If you're out of initiative or have Lead Attacks maxed out, just autoattack until you need to burn initiative again.
- Use Steal and Haste off cooldown for boons.
- Dodging is important with this build; it gives you a load of boons and resets Steal for even more boons. If your endurance is full, you should actively look to dodge incoming attacks.
- If cornered by lots of enemies, use Black Powder or Smoke Screen to pulse blindness.
- Headshot is a zero-cooldown daze that can be used to interrupt dangerous attacks.
- Dagger Storm evades for a very long duration while still dealing damage.
- Smoke Screen destroys projectiles. You can also use Dagger Storm for more projectile defense.
- You have some healing from Pain Response and Upper Hand. If you need more, you can trait Invigorating Precision.
- Haste, Withdraw, and can be used for condition cleanse. In a pinch, Signet of Agility also cleanses conditions.
- If you have lots of trouble with conditions, consider running Roll for Initiative or Hide in Shadows.
- Stealth is one of the most useful tools available to Thieves. Use Shadow Refuge to channel hero points or sneak through otherwise dangerous places.
- If Shadow Refuge is not enough, you can blast stealth. To do this, equip a shortbow, place a Smoke Screen, then spam Cluster Bomb in the smoke field.