Thief - D/P Roamer
This build provides high Single Target Damage while still providing excellent Condition Cleanse, Survivability and Mobility, its high risk high reward play style is what separates the good thief’s from the bad, assessing your situation and making sure you know when to dodge or how to react to an incoming attack is the key difference in this.
- can be switched toor
- For the optional utility slot you have 3 viable choices:
- for access to stealth that is un-interruptable.
- for a stun-breaker or gap closer.
- for more interrupt opportunities. (If taking)
- and- this is a more selfish version of Trickery, these 2 traits synergize well with each other (however it's not necessary to take both) as Trickster reduces the CD of Flanking Strikes. Trickster also empowersand.
- can be considered for more damage if you are willing to sacrifice some condition removal.
- for more stealth and more damage. you just have to be careful not to reveal yourself with it.
For a more offensive approach Deadly Arts can be taken instead of Shadow Arts:
- - for more burst if you do not like the utility of
- Use Marauder's until you reach a comfortable amount of HP, fill out with berserker.
- Any Sigil ⇒ to increase sustain and armor-ignoring damage.
- Any Sigil ⇒ to increase burst with Your interrupts> (Makes pulmonary Impact hit for 1k more/heals you for 1k hp and improves suvivability.)
- ⇒for increased single-target burst.
- ⇒,, orfor defensive capabilities (there is no easy way to gain stealth in Shortbow as there is in D/P).
- for better opening burst.
- for ensured crits from dodging.
- is often available. Note, this will not work with many skills like heartseeker or shadow shot, but can work with steal and backstab.
- (cheap alternative).
- Dragon Hunters
- Heavy Tank-Condition Damage builds eg Reapers and all Dire builds.
- YouTube: Vaxyle WvW roaming thief commentary ep. 1
- YouTube: Guild Wars 2 Thief WvW PvP (Yishis) Outnumbered 5 - Dagger/Pistol
- YouTube: Team Aggression FP Perspective