Thief - Dagger/x Deadly Arts
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Thief build for PvE players without access to expansions. This build has excellent mobility and deals high damage against single targets.
- You can carry a Shortbow for mobility or open world farming.
- Healing Skills
- - if you take very little incoming damage.
- - if having issues with burning, poison, bleeding, or confusion.
- Utility Skills
- - alternative stun break, a mobility skill that also cleanses conditions.
- - another good stun break.
- - blinds enemies and destroys projectiles.
- - if crowd control is needed.
- - to escape from enemies or stealth past them.
- Elite Skills
- - more damage.
- - strong crowd control if there are allies nearby.
- - if you need healing. If you take this take to keep up fury.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Deadeye - Power DPS D/D build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
Optimal Damage Variant
- The Optimal Damage Variant is the best damage gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases and is only recommended for players that prefer the glass cannon playstyle.
- For a tankier option you can run the Marauder Variant. You will lose some damage but gain a moderate boost to health. This variant is recommended for most Open World players.
- Sigils -
- Offensive Runes - ,
- Defensive Runes - ,
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- is your main damage multiplier in this build. Spam into to burn initiative and quickly accumulate .
- Remember to actually backstab your target. Frontstabbing deals miserable DPS.
- If the target is below 25% health, you should spam instead.
- Alternatively, if you need blinds or defiance bar damage, you can use your pistol skills.
- If you're out of initiative or have maxed out, just autoattack until you need to burn initiative again.
- Use and off cooldown for boons.
- Your main source of damage mitigation is , which pulses blindness. For more blinds you can use .
- is a zero-cooldown daze that can be used to interrupt dangerous attacks.
- can be used as an evade.
- evades for a very long duration while still dealing damage.
- You can use in the smoke field from to stealth yourself and disengage.
- destroys projectiles. You can also use for more projectile defense.
- If you feel that you're dying a lot, you can trait .
- and can be used for condition cleanse. In a pinch, also cleanses conditions.
- If you have lots of trouble with conditions, consider running , , or .
- Stealth is one of the most useful tools available to Thieves. Use to channel hero points or sneak through otherwise dangerous places.
- If is not enough, you can blast stealth. To do this, equip a shortbow, place a , then spam in the smoke field.