Thief - Dagger/x Deadly Arts
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Thief build for PvE players without access to expansions. This build has excellent mobility and deals high damage against single targets.
- You can carry a Shortbow for mobility or open world farming.
- Healing Skills
- - if you take very little incoming damage.
- - if having issues with burning, poison, bleeding, or confusion.
- Utility Skills
- - alternative stun break, a mobility skill that also cleanses conditions.
- - another good stun break.
- - blinds enemies and destroys projectiles.
- - if crowd control is needed.
- - to escape from enemies or stealth past them.
- Elite Skills
- - more damage.
- - strong crowd control if there are allies nearby.
- - if you need healing. If you take this taketo keep up fury.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Deadeye - Power DPS D/D build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- is your main damage multiplier in this build. Spamintoto burn initiative and quickly accumulate.
- Remember to actually backstab your target. Frontstabbing deals miserable DPS.
- If the target is below 25% health, you should spam instead.
- Alternatively, if you need blinds or defiance bar damage, you can use your pistol skills.
- If you're out of initiative or have maxed out, just autoattack until you need to burn initiative again.
- Use andoff cooldown for boons.
- Your main source of damage mitigation is , which pulses blindness. For more blinds you can use.
- is a zero-cooldown daze that can be used to interrupt dangerous attacks.
- can be used as an evade.
- evades for a very long duration while still dealing damage.
- You can use in the smoke field fromto stealth yourself and disengage.
- destroys projectiles. You can also usefor more projectile defense.
- If you feel that you're dying a lot, you can trait .
- andcan be used for condition cleanse. In a pinch,also cleanses conditions.
- If you have lots of trouble with conditions, consider running ,, or.
- Stealth is one of the most useful tools available to Thieves. Use to channel hero points or sneak through otherwise dangerous places.
- If is not enough, you can blast stealth. To do this, equip a shortbow, place a, then spamin the smoke field.