Thief - Power DPS
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The current strongest DPS build for core Thief in dungeons.
- You should have a Shortbow for stacking stealth, pulling enemies, and skipping ahead with Infiltrator's Arrow.
- Use Sword/Pistol instead of dagger/dagger when fighting groups of trash mobs.
- Infiltrator's Signet or Spider Venom is the highest damage option for the flex slot.
- Smoke Screen for a pulsing blind, projectile screen, and smoke field to blast stealth in.
- Shadow Refuge for stealth skips.
- Shadowstep can be used to teleport skip in certain places. Combine with Infiltrator's Arrow for extreme mobility.
- Thieves Guild for more damage if you don't need the CC from Basilisk Venom.
- Dagger Storm for more projectile destruction.
- Invigorating Precision if you're having trouble surviving. This is a ~10% DPS loss.
Remember to also carry a Shortbow for out of combat utility.
- on night time encounters.
- Slaying sigils if applicable.
- Dagger/Dagger: Spam Cloak and Dagger into Backstab any time you have initiative and aren't revealed. Use your autoattack chain to fill in the gaps.
- Sword/Pistol: Use Black Powder or Headshot to reach max stacks of Lead Attacks then autoattack.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain as the third hit does the most damage.
- Activate Assassin's Signet at the start of the fight for more damage.
- Stay behind or to the side of your enemies to get the bonuses from Twin Fangs and Backstab.
- Against enemies under 25% health, use Heartseeker instead of Cloak and Dagger.
- Use Black Powder to blind trash.
- Cluster Bomb on Shortbow can be used to prestack might with fire fields, as it is a blast finisher.
- Infiltrator's Arrow on Shortbow can be used to skip parts of certain fractals such as the lasers in Aetherblade and the scaffolding in Cliffside.
- Use Basilisk Venom with nearby allies to break defiance bars.
Thief's unique support in groups is group-wide stealth access through smoke fields, which can be used for skipping trash and parts of certain fractals.
- Black Powder should be used as the primary smoke field due to lack of cooldown. Have party members chain blasts in this field with you, while you blast it with Cluster Bomb. The smoke field only lasts 4s so you need help from your party in order to stack a significant amount of stealth.
- Use Smoke Screen in less organised groups since it gives a longer stealth field for easier blasting.
- Shadow Refuge gives a large amount of area stealth without needing to use blast finishers. This skill is useful when stealthing next to or on top of mobs since most blast finishers deal damage and thus break stealth. When possible retrait for Shadow Arts before using it to get the benefit of Meld with Shadows and the cooldown reduction of Concealed Defeat
- Blinding Powder gives 3s of stealth, is a blast finisher, and causes no damage making it very useful if you have to cover a long distance. It is often used in combination with Black Powder.
Once you trigger certain mob groups while being in stealth they will follow you unless you "path" them. This is done by standing still until the mobs reach you.
After stealthing with your group you can use a lot of skills to skip ahead of your group to trigger bosses/events faster to save time. This requires you to be able to retrait fast for full efficiency but isn't needed.
Shadow Arts should be used instead of Deadly Arts to reduce the cooldowns of Deception skills and get longer stealth from your skills.