Thief - Revised PIstol/Dagger
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
With less speed than a normal thief, the focus is more on progressing teamfights and occasionally decapping. Applies high sustained pressure with an option for an immediate burst; High survivability, and many escape options.
- Rending Shade for increased damage on buffed enemies
- Precast Cloak and Dagger before casting Steal, conceal your Spider Venom / Devourer Venom by casting while stealthed. Follow up with Sneak Attack to rapid fire and attach all venoms. Attempt to attack from the side to trigger quickness with Burst of Agility.
- Use Shadow Strike when your opponent reaches you. This is a very risky move. Best used with your back against a corner.
- Panic Strike adds poison to the immobilize of Body Shot. Use with Dancing Dagger to maintain distance in prolonged fights.
- Steal applies additional Confusion due to Bewildering Ambush, and Torment due to Panic Strike. This trait synergizes with Serpent's Touch, Lotus Poison, and Exposed Weakness. It is important to note that this burst can be overkill sometimes; Attempt to conserve initiative/venoms more often, in a non-1v1 scenario. Oftentimes simply applying some conditions quickly and then leaving to decap a point. The thief should never linger when an engagement seems decided in your favor.
- Shadow's Embrace is your hard-counter to condition-based classes. It is improved by Meld with Shadows and Resilience of Shadows.
- Use Merciful Ambush to quickly stealth-rez downed teammates mid team-fight, or set up a burst.
- Leeching Venoms can siphon health in a team scenario where venoms aren't used immediately. Combined with the amulet and Shadow's Rejuvenation for high survivability.
- Blinding Powder when hit by a burst, followed by weapon swap and Infiltrator's Arrow to get out of range.