Warrior - Axe/Axe Arms
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Archived due to similarity with Strength Greatsword
- A Warrior build for running around in open world. This build attacks quickly and deals high AoE damage, making it great for open world farming.
- This build is ideal for farming solo content, such as Story Instances or Hero Points, and farming meta events like Silverwastes or Dragonfall.
- If you don't need the crowd control from offhand Mace, you can go without it and just run dual axes. If you do this, you should put your main hand axe in weapon set 1 and your offhand axe in weapon set 2.
- Alternatively, you can bring a Greatsword for more mobility.
- Use a Rifle if you need to range something.
- Healing Skills
- - if you aren't taking much damage.
- - a big heal that also maxes out your adrenaline.
- Utility Skills
- - more dodges.
- - deals more damage than but tends to knock enemies away from you.
- - alternative to if you don't need a stun break.
- - alternative to if you're taking a lot of damage.
- - alternative to if conditions are a problem.
- - panic button.
- Elite Skills
- - longer duration of boons than but also a longer cooldown.
- - grants stability, mobility, and crowd control.
- - if you need healing and have Strength sigils.
- - if running rifle.
- If there are nearby players, you can run Tactics instead of Arms to grant them a lot of increased damage with and . If you do this, it's also worth running and , and traiting in Discipline.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Warrior - Power Bannerslave and Spellbreaker - Power DPS builds for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set.
Optimal Damage Variant
- The Optimal Damage Variant is the best damage gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases and is only recommended for players that prefer the glass cannon playstyle.
- For a tankier option you can run the Marauder Variant. You will lose some damage but gain a moderate boost to health. This variant is recommended for most Open World players.
- You can run a mixture of Knight and Valkyrie gear instead if you do not have access to Marauder gear.
- orfor more damage.
- for playing with groups.
- is a good budget option.
- for more dodges.
- is a fantastic food for farming open world. It's cheap, provides a moderate boost to both damage and survivability, and increases magic find significantly.
- for more healing.
- is a great option when you do not need any extra damage or sustain.
- oris your best damage option.
- is a great budget option.
- Your main damage skills are , , and . You should use these skills whenever available and fill in the gaps with /axe autoattacks.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain, as most of the damage is loaded in the last hit of .
- Activate and off cooldown for boons.
- Use off cooldown.
- When possible, use before your burst damage to get the bonus from .
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- You can slot , , or for more damage mitigation.
- You can cleanse conditions by weapon swapping or using . For more condition-heavy fights you should run