Warrior - Axe/Axe Arms
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Warrior build for running around in open world. This build attacks quickly and deals high AoE damage, making it great for open world farming.
- For a simplified version that doesn't use any active skills see Warrior - All Signet Arms.
- If you don't need the crowd control from offhand Mace, you can go without it and just run dual axes. If you do this, you should put your main hand axe in weapon set 1 and your offhand axe in weapon set 2.
- Alternatively, you can bring a Greatsword for more mobility.
- Use a Rifle if you need to range something.
- Healing Skills
- Healing Signet - if you aren't taking much damage.
- "To the Limit!" - a big heal that also maxes out your adrenaline.
- Utility Skills
- Signet of Stamina - more dodges.
- Kick - deals more damage than Throw Bolas but tends to knock enemies away from you.
- Bull's Charge - alternative to Stomp if you don't need a stun break.
- Dolyak Signet - alternative to Stomp if you're taking a lot of damage.
- "Shake It Off!" - alternative to Stomp if conditions are a problem.
- Endure Pain - panic button.
- Elite Skills
- Battle Standard - longer duration of boons than Signet of Rage but also a longer cooldown.
- Rampage - grants stability, mobility, and crowd control.
- 24px Might Makes Right - if you need healing and have Strength sigils.
- Crack Shot - if running rifle.
- If there are nearby players, you can run Tactics instead of Arms to grant them a lot of increased damage with Empower Allies and Phalanx Strength. If you do this, it's also worth running Banner of Strength and Banner of Discipline, and traiting Inspiring Battle Standard in Discipline.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Warrior - Power Bannerslave and Spellbreaker - Power DPS builds for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- For a tankier option you can run full Marauder stats. You lose about 10% damage but your health is increased by over 6000 (25k up from 19k).
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- Your main damage skills are Cyclone Axe, Dual Strike, and Whirling Axe. You should use these skills whenever available and fill in the gaps with Throw Axe/axe autoattacks.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain, as most of the damage is loaded in the last hit of Triple Chop.
- Activate Signet of Rage and "For Great Justice!" off cooldown for boons.
- Use Eviscerate off cooldown.
- When possible, use Throw Bolas before your burst damage to get the bonus from Peak Performance.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- You can slot Dolyak Signet, Signet of Stamina, or Endure Pain for more damage mitigation.
- You can cleanse conditions by weapon swapping or using Mending. For more condition-heavy fights you should run "Shake It Off!"