Warrior - Basic Warrior
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
A warrior build for roaming in Open World. This build features very high DPS for a core build and is quite versatile.
- Very high DPS compared to most Core builds
- Very high CC
- Great mobility with weapon swapping
- Has a utility for every situation
- Low sustain
- Poor ranged options
- Greatsword - Very high mobility, decent DPS; replaces Mace/Shield
- Rifle - Your only valid ranged option for power
- Offhand Mace - Higher CC than offhand shield
- Hammer - Decent CC, but lower than Mace/Mace or Mace/Shield
- Healing Skills
- - if you aren't taking much damage.
- - condi clear
- Utility Skills
- - more dodges.
- - physical skill that grants CC and mobility
- - alternative to if you don't need a stun break.
- - alternative to if you're taking a lot of damage.
- - removes conditions & breaks stun
- - panic button.
- Elite Skills
- - longer duration of boons than but also a longer cooldown.
- - grants stability, mobility, and crowd control.
- - if running rifle.
- - significant sustain and endurance increase.
- - use for extra stability.
You can dramatically increase your sustain by replacing Arms with Tactics.
- , - great if you have allies around. Phalanx will remove the heal on shout and drastically reduce your sustain.
- If using , replace with
Provides lower sustain but a more versatile playstyle compared to tactics. Traits can vary wildly based on certain circumstances.
- - great passive defense and is very strong if you take any stances
- - if you have reliable Weakness
- - if using gear with moderate amounts of toughness (i.e. more than +300)
- - if you find yourself mostly using mace
Note on Defense and Tactics
While these each are designed to replace Arms in this build, it is possible to run a Defense + Tactics variant with Strength that provides incredibly high defense. This will drastically affect your damage, however, so be sure the trade-off is worth it before doing this.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- Alternative: Full Berserker's (opt: defensive runes).
- Note: Full Marauder is more effective if you have access to it.
- Berserker's , Assassin's gear - higher dps, much lower defense
- Knight's , Soldier gear - lower dps, higher defense; Knight trinkets + Berserker armor and weapons is a common substitute for Marauder.
It is strongly recommended not to replace or . The loss of either typically results in a massive DPS loss.
Runes are the easiest way to change key elements of your build. Runes should focus on providing you more damage or defense.
- - more consistent DPS
- - high DPS option, great if you already have it.
- - helps drastically when trying to crit cap, comparable to Scholar and Pack.
- , , - great for defense
- - strong defensive option if also running shout-heal.
- - cheap sustain option
- This food is used to maximize profit when farming events.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties.
- , - Defense/Damage
- , - Damage
- - Damage
- Your main damage skills are , , and . You should use these skills whenever available and fill in the gaps with /axe autoattacks.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain, as most of the damage is loaded in the last hit of .
- Activate and off cooldown for boons.
- Use off cooldown.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- You can slot , , or for more damage mitigation.
- You can cleanse conditions by weapon swapping or using . For more condition-heavy fights you should run