Warrior - Color Guard Frontliner
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This frontliner support build can provide excellent team buffs for a large number of players. While in small numbers a more traditional shout or destroyer build will be more valuable, in large numbers having a single Banner Warrior on your team can provide some excellent utility to a WvW group while still doing fair amounts of damage.
The idea of this build is to reach around 1190 Healing Power before buffs, then with the 170 Healing Power gained from
you will be able to maintain 300 health regen ticks on anyone who approaches your banners.
It is possible to reach 400+ Regen ticks by doing a pure Healing Power gear set, but the loss of damage is not worth the trade-off.
First Weapon Set
Second Weapon Set
Can't find such trait "Warrior"! Please refer to our trait index Can't find such trait "Warrior"! Please refer to our trait index Can't find such trait "Warrior"! Please refer to our trait index Can't find such trait "Warrior"! Please refer to our trait index Can't find such trait "Warrior"! Please refer to our trait index
- As a tanky, supportive Warrior, you're going to be frontlining for your team. If you're not up on the front line you're not doing your job right.
- With your spec, you can keep your non-Elite banners up 97% of the time: they despawn about 6 seconds before their cooldown is up again. Be sure to carry them forward if you're able to. If you're running with friends, ask them to carry them forward if they can.
- When engaging you want to drop your banners ahead of you, closer to your opponents than yourself. The range is not huge so you want to make absolutely sure you'll be under their effects when you're actually fighting.
- The 5th skill on your banners are blast finishers. Remind your allies of this.
- Banner of Tactics increases Boon Duration on allies. The 3rd skill on your banners provides Swiftness. The 4th skill is a rush forward. Banners can be
- If you're taking a beating, don't use your adrenal burst skill. High adrenaline means more regen, and a bigger heal if you're running Healing Surge.
- You can use your Sword burst skill every time you reach one bar of adrenaline. The damage is always the same regardless of what stage of adrenaline you're at. The immobilization is the only thing that changes based on adrenaline level.
- Your Sword 2 is an invaluable escape skill. It will launch you far forward. It's great for escaping death. Combined with your Warhorn 4 removing cripple, chill, immobilize, and granting you swiftness, you should have no problem getting out of a sticky situation.
- If you're coordinating with your group, remember there only has to be one of these guys. Your gimmicky boon will cover the entire group in no time at all, so there is no need for extra Banner Regen Warriors. In fact, there's barely even a need for you!
- YouTube: PYRO vs. Scnd 9v9 Skirmish in the Edge of the Mists (Submitted by Deany Kong)