Warrior - Strength Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Warrior build for running around in open world. This build is extremely durable and constantly heals itself while dealing good damage. If you have access to the Path of Fire expansion you can also consider Spellbreaker - Strength Greatsword.
- If you don't need Shield Stance, offhand Mace can be used instead of Shield for more damage.
- If you don't need the crowd control or defensive skills from Mace/Shield, you can use main hand or offhand Axes in your second weapon slot.
- Use a Rifle if you need to range something.
- Healing Skills
- Healing Signet - if you aren't taking much damage.
- "To the Limit!" - a big heal that also maxes out your adrenaline.
- Utility Skills
- Signet of Stamina - more dodges.
- Kick - deals more damage than Throw Bolas but tends to knock enemies away from you.
- Bull's Charge - alternative to Stomp if you don't need a stun break.
- Dolyak Signet - alternative to Stomp if you're taking a lot of damage.
- "Shake It Off!" - alternative to Stomp if conditions are a problem.
- Endure Pain - panic button.
- Elite Skills
- Battle Standard - longer duration of boons than Signet of Rage but also a longer cooldown.
- Rampage - grants stability, mobility, and crowd control.
- Berserker's Power - if you don't need healing you can take this for a large damage increase.
- Shield Master - if you need your shield skills a lot.
- Sundering Mace - if you need your mace skills a lot.
- Cleansing Ire - if conditions are a problem.
- Crack Shot - if running rifle.
- Merciless Hammer - if running axe.
- If there are nearby players, you can run Tactics instead of Defense to grant them a lot of increased damage with Empower Allies and Phalanx Strength. If you do this, it's also worth running Banner of Strength and Banner of Discipline, and traiting Inspiring Battle Standard in Discipline.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Warrior - Power Bannerslave and Spellbreaker - Power DPS builds for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- If running Axes, you should use axes with the same stats and sigils as your greatsword.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- For a tankier option you can run full Marauder stats. You lose about 10% damage but your health is increased by over 6000 (25k up from 19k).
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- Greatsword is your primary weapon. Just Hundred Blades and burst as often as possible, filling with autoattack chains as needed.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain.
- Remember that Hundred Blades roots you in place, don't use it if you need to move or dodge soon.
- Whirlwind Attack deals good damage if you need to move or you can whirl into a wall.
- Bladetrail is worth using over autoattacking (as long as the projectile isn't eaten by a wall).
- Rush is worth using as a gap closer.
- Activate "For Great Justice!" and Signet of Rage off cooldown for boons.
- When possible, use Throw Bolas before your burst damage to get the bonus from Peak Performance.
- If running the dual axe variant, you should constantly swap between Axe/Axe and Greatsword to use their damaging skills. While on Axe/Axe, you should prioritize Dual Strike > Cyclone Axe > Whirling Axe.
- Mace/Shield is your defensive weapon set. Use it to block attacks and stun enemies.
- Whirlwind Attack can be used to evade attacks and reposition.
- You can slot Dolyak Signet, Signet of Stamina, or Endure Pain for more damage mitigation.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- You get quite a lot of sustained healing from 24px Might Makes Right and Adrenal Health.
- You can cleanse conditions by weapon swapping or using Mending. For more condition-heavy fights you should run "Shake It Off!" or Cleansing Ire.