Warrior - Strength Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A strong core warrior build for those without access to the expansions. This build holds its own decently well in Open World. Thanks to its use of Defense, this build is extremely resilient.
- Use a Rifle if you need to range
- Offhand Shield can be used for more defense at the cost of damage.
- Healing Skills
- - a big heal that also maxes out your adrenaline.
- Utility Skills
- - more dodges.
- - if you don't need a stun break.
- - if you're taking a lot of damage.
- - if conditions are a problem.
- - panic button.
- Elite Skills
- - longer duration of boons than but also a longer cooldown.
- - grants stability, mobility, and crowd control.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
Don't be afraid to mix and match to fit your playstyle. You generally want gear that focuses on Power and Precision. Avoid Condition damage and Expertise gear.
- Berserker's , Assassin's gear - higher dps, much lower defense
- Knight's gear - lower dps, higher defense
You want to keep your , but other sigils can be replaced for small playstyle changes.
- - higher crit chance
- - more dodges
Runes are the easiest way to change key elements of your build. Runes should focus on providing you more damage or defense. Avoid runes which give condition damage or expertise.
- - more burst, lower DPS
- - cheap sustain option
- - powerful defensive rune
- This food is used to maximize profit when farming events.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties.
- , - Defense/Damage
- , - Damage
- - Damage
- Greatsword is your primary weapon. Just and burst as often as possible, filling with autoattack chains as needed.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain.
- Remember that roots you in place, don't use it if you need to move or dodge soon.
- deals good damage if you need to move or you can whirl into a wall.
- is worth using over autoattacking (as long as the projectile isn't eaten by a wall).
- is worth using as a gap closer.
- Activate and off cooldown for boons.
- If running the dual axe variant, you should constantly swap between Axe/Axe and Greatsword to use their damaging skills. While on Axe/Axe, you should prioritize > > .
- Mace/Shield is your defensive weapon set. Use it to block attacks and stun enemies.
- If you need to block/stun stuff a lot, you can trait and for reduced cooldowns.
- can be used to evade attacks and reposition.
- You can slot , , or for more damage mitigation.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- You get quite a lot of sustained healing from and .
- You can cleanse conditions by weapon swapping or using . For more condition-heavy fights you should run or .