Warrior - Strength Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A strong core warrior build for those without access to the expansions. This build holds its own decently well in Open World. Thanks to its use of Defense, this build is extremely resilient.
- If you don't need , offhand Mace can be used instead of Shield for more damage.
- If you don't need the crowd control or defensive skills from Mace/Shield, you can use main hand or offhand Axes in your second weapon slot.
- Use a Rifle if you need to range something.
- Healing Skills
- - a big heal that also maxes out your adrenaline.
- Utility Skills
- - more dodges.
- - if you don't need a stun break.
- - if you're taking a lot of damage.
- - if conditions are a problem.
- - panic button.
- Elite Skills
- - longer duration of boons than but also a longer cooldown.
- - grants stability, mobility, and crowd control.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- Marauder gear is superior to Berserker's for general-purpose Open World if you have access to it.
- offers higher burst but lower sustained DPS.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- is a good budget option.
- orfor your utility.
- Greatsword is your primary weapon. Just and burst as often as possible, filling with autoattack chains as needed.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain.
- Remember that roots you in place, don't use it if you need to move or dodge soon.
- deals good damage if you need to move or you can whirl into a wall.
- is worth using over autoattacking (as long as the projectile isn't eaten by a wall).
- is worth using as a gap closer.
- Activate and off cooldown for boons.
- If running the dual axe variant, you should constantly swap between Axe/Axe and Greatsword to use their damaging skills. While on Axe/Axe, you should prioritize > > .
- Mace/Shield is your defensive weapon set. Use it to block attacks and stun enemies.
- If you need to block/stun stuff a lot, you can trait and for reduced cooldowns.
- can be used to evade attacks and reposition.
- You can slot , , or for more damage mitigation.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- You get quite a lot of sustained healing from and .
- You can cleanse conditions by weapon swapping or using . For more condition-heavy fights you should run or .