Weaver - Arcane Staff
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Weaver build for running around in open world. This build is fragile but deals high AoE damage from a distance.
- Compared to Weaver - Air Staff, this build has more defensive skills and can cast many of its damaging spells on the move, making it more forgiving for solo players.
- Healing Skills
- Ether Renewal - if conditions are a problem. Synergizes with Arcane Shield covering its long channel time.
- Utility Skills
- Arcane Blast - more single-target damage than Arcane Wave.
- Conjure Lightning Hammer - higher damage than Arcane Shield if you don't need the defense.
- Lightning Flash - more mobility.
- Mist Form - get out of jail free card.
- Elite Skills
- Conjure Fiery Greatsword - high damage and mobility.
- Smothering Auras - if you need condition cleanse.
- Blinding Ashes - provides more Blind if having trouble with trash mobs.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses the same gear as the Weaver - Power DPS Staff build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- For a tankier option you can run full Marauder's stats. You lose about 10% damage but your health is increased by almost 60%. This is especially useful on Staff Weaver because of your low base health pool and lack of defenses.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- Cup of Light-Roasted Coffee can be used to speed up your burst combo after dismounting.
- Attunement management is key to playing Weaver. Continuously swap attunements to get access to your different damaging skills, and double attune to Fire Attunement whenever possible to benefit from Elements of Rage.
- Fire Attunement is your main attunement with the high-damage Lava Font and Meteor Shower.
- Air Attunement is your best secondary attunement in open world, providing burst damage from Plasma Blast and Lightning Surge.
- Earth Attunement deals good delayed damage with Pyroclastic Blast and Eruption.
- Water Attunement isn't really useful but can provide a small amount of healing and condition cleanse.
- Try to open with Dual Attack skills to benefit from Superior Elements and guarantee critical hits for your burst damage skills.
- AoE placement is very important with this build, as they make up the bulk of your damage. Be sure enemies won't move out of your attacks after you cast them.
- You can place Static Field or Unsteady Ground to trap enemies in your Meteor Shower.
- You can aggro enemies with a ranged attack, then run behind a wall or corner to break line of sight. This forces enemies to come to you and lets you hit with an easy Pyroclastic Blast/ Lava Font/ Meteor Shower combo.
- You can use Arcane Shield without interrupting Meteor Shower.
- Glyph of Elementals provides an extra body that can tank damage for you, which can be helpful for doing hero points or group events without support. Earth Elemental draws enemy aggro and takes hits for you, while Ice Elemental provides great crowd control and healing.
- If using Conjure Lightning Hammer or Conjure Fiery Greatsword, treat these as high-damage fillers you can use while Lava Font and Meteor Shower are both on cooldown.
- Remember to cast Windborne Speed to keep up swiftness for Swift Revenge.
Arcane Specific Tips
- This variant can make good use of combo fields, as Arcane Wave, Arcane Brilliance, Eruption, and Ice Spike are all blast finishers. Blast a fire field, such as Lava Font or Pyroclastic Blast, to gain might and fury. Blast a water field like Healing Rain for a large burst of healing.