Weaver - Celestial Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
One of the many versions of Hybrid Weaver, this WvW roamer combines both power and condition damage with excellent sustain in order to wear down targets in 1v1s.
- The first trait choice is between having more evasion to avoid incoming attacks, or extra healing that helps you recover from them. If you wish to opt for the latter, take Arcane Abatement.
- A full set of
Yet again there are plenty of viable options:
- - food equivalent of Celestial, fits perfectly.
- - boost to direct damage.
- - combined with Vigor this pushes you near the endurance regen cap. Alternatively, if you're playing with Arcane Abatement this food can ease the loss of Renewing Stamina. The Might stacking is a nice added bonus.
- Budget version:
- Budget version:
- - some extra boon duration and Might stacking.
- - direct damage increase.
- - same purpose, but easier to get.
Elite specialization basics
- Weaver allows the Elementalist to attune to 2 elements at the same time, and skills 1-5 will be decided based on both. Let's call them primary and secondary attunements.
- If you swap to Fire Attunement then fire becomes your primary attunement and weapon skills 1-2 will be fire skills. Afterwards if you switch to Water Attunement for example then water is now your primary attunement and fire's moved to secondary - now skills 1-2 are water and 4-5 are fire. Skill 3 is a dual skill influenced by both active attunements ⇒ fire + water for example is 24px Twin Strike.
- The order of the attunements doesn't matter here, water primary with fire secondary has the same dual attack as fire primary and water secondary. Attuning to the same element twice has its own dual skill.
- Applying Regeneration cleanses a condition. Gaining Swiftness and Superspeed applies Regeneration as well.
- In combat double attuning to the same element is usually not worth it, except for Air's 24px Quantum Strike and very rarely Water to squeeze out some more sustain.
- Cycle fire -> air -> fire -> air to maintain Swiftness while roaming.
- Stances grant Stability, which has many uses including safe stomping downed enemies.
- The defensive rotation is definitely something you should learn and utilize whenever heavy healing is needed:
- Water Attunement which also triggers Healing Ripple and grants Regeneration.
- Dodge in order to proc the water part of Evasive Arcana for healing and condition cleansing.
- 24px Riptide for evasion, healing, and condition cleansing.
- Earth Attunement
- 24px Earthen Vortex to blast the water field left behind by Riptide.
- Fire Attunement
- 24px Lava Skin for the barrier and some counterpressure.