Weaver - Mender's Sword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A high sustain, power based Weaver build for sPvP designed to contest capture points in 1v1s and other smaller skirmishes, occasionally supporting nearby allies through boon sharing and minor healing.
Best build of the worst PvP profession, Elementalist.
- can be taken for more Vigor uptime.
- provides better overall boon duration.
- 's 6th bonus synergizes with traits, triggering a condition removal whenever you evade an attack. Needless to say this makes the build extremely good against condition based specs, but keep in mind that - aside from the 6th bonus - this rune doesn't offer much. Weaver's cleansing is already great, which means most of the time this rune won't be necessary, and in the current meta it's only going to help vs Mirage (although it does make a significant difference that matchup).
Elite specialization basics
- Weaver allows the Elementalist to attune to 2 elements at the same time, and skills 1-5 will be decided based on both. Let's call them primary and secondary attunements.
- If you swap to then fire becomes your primary attunement and weapon skills 1-2 will be fire skills. Afterwards if you switch tofor example then water is now your primary attunement and fire's moved to secondary - now skills 1-2 are water and 4-5 are fire. Skill 3 is a dual skill influenced by both active attunements ⇒ fire + water for example is.
- The order of the attunements doesn't matter here, water primary with fire secondary has the same dual attack as fire primary and water secondary. Attuning to the same element twice has its own dual skill.
- Gaining Regeneration cleanses a condition. Obtaining Swiftness and Superspeed applies Regeneration as well, significally enhancing your options when it comes to cleansing by turning things like orinto anti-condition tools.
- Cycle fire -> air -> fire -> air to maintain Swiftness while roaming between capture points.
- Look at first and foremost as a source of Stability, which has many uses including safe stomping downed enemies or securing important skills.
- When used offensively, is best used on any attunement combination that contains Air for the Vulnerability stacking.
- When used offensively,
- should seldom be touched, as the passive is extremely valuable. Note that several trait procs also count as skill activations and will benefit from the passive of this signet.
- Unless you either have a high amount of Confusion on you, or you're already at maximum health, you should always be casting something (autoattacks will do too). This is to get the most out of this signet's passive.
- is one of the hardest hitting skills in the build, but also the most difficult one to land. This is best used either on downed/CC'd targets, or if you're able to cast it from range and theninto a team fight near the end of the channeling.
- can be cancelled by stowing your weapon in rare cases when the full evasion isn't needed (let's say you have to cleave a downed target and must keep the pressure up, but had to break stun).
The defensive rotation is definitely something you should learn and utilize whenever heavy healing is needed
- which also triggersand grants Regeneration.
- Dodge in order to proc the water part of for healing and condition cleansing.
- for evasion, healing, and condition cleansing.
- Optional and the first dodge after entering Earth are both blast finishers therefore can be used for the same purpose as Earthen Vortex. Earthquake is only available if you were already in Earth before entering Water.
- to blast the water field left behind by Riptide.
- Optional can provide direct damage reduction and allow you to gain a small heal and remove 1 condition if you cast.
- for the barrier and some counterpressure.
- Note: andcan easily be interrupted. If you do not want to risk that, consider usingfor the Stability.
Notable Attunement Mixes
- Provides access to great burst damage through skills such as ,and.
- Has excellent mobility thanks to and.
- Will provide maximum access to blasting fire fields as well as some reasonable defense.
- Useful for setting up fire fields with either orwhich we can later blast with any mix of,, dodging infor, or even.
- 's barrier is a nice boost to sustain.
- Best combination for CC as it has ,and.
- If you have set up a long lasting field such as beforehand or your allies have put down fields, it should be noted that you have plenty of access to various finishers throughand all the blast finishers available inas detailed above.
- YouTube: Cellofrag version, gameplay/guide
- Twitch: Grimjack