Weaver - Mender's Sword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A high sustain, power based Weaver build for sPvP designed to contest capture points in 1v1s and other smaller skirmishes, occasionally supporting nearby allies through boon sharing and minor healing.
- 's 6th bonus synergizes with traits, triggering a condition removal whenever you evade an attack. Needless to say this makes the build extremely good against condition based specs, but keep in mind that - aside from the 6th bonus - this rune doesn't offer much. Weaver's cleansing is already great, which means most of the time this rune won't be necessary, and in the current meta it's only going to help vs Mirage (although it does make a significant difference that matchup).
Elite specialization basics
- Weaver allows the Elementalist to attune to 2 elements at the same time, and skills 1-5 will be decided based on both. Let's call them primary and secondary attunements.
- If you swap to Fire Attunement then fire becomes your primary attunement and weapon skills 1-2 will be fire skills. Afterwards if you switch to Water Attunement for example then water is now your primary attunement and fire's moved to secondary - now skills 1-2 are water and 4-5 are fire. Skill 3 is a dual skill influenced by both active attunements ⇒ fire + water for example is 24px Twin Strike.
- The order of the attunements doesn't matter here, water primary with fire secondary has the same dual attack as fire primary and water secondary. Attuning to the same element twice has its own dual skill.
- Gaining Regeneration cleanses a condition. Obtaining Swiftness and Superspeed applies Regeneration as well, significally enhancing your options when it comes to cleansing by turning things like Air Attunement or Updraft into anti-condition tools.
- Cycle fire -> air -> fire -> air to maintain Swiftness while roaming between capture points.
- Look at Primordial Stance first and foremost as a source of Stability, which has many uses including safe stomping downed enemies or securing important skills.
- Signet of Restoration should seldom be touched, as the passive is extremely valuable. Note that several trait procs also count as skill activations and will benefit from the passive of this signet.
- Unless you either have a high amount of Confusion on you, or you're already at maximum health, you should always be casting something (autoattacks will do too). This is to get the most out of this signet's passive.
- Churning Earth is one of the hardest hitting skills in the build, but also the most difficult one to land. This is best used either on downed/CC'd targets, or if you're able to cast it from range and then Lightning Flash into a team fight near the end of the channeling.
- Twist of Fate can be cancelled by stowing your weapon in rare cases when the full evasion isn't needed (let's say you have to cleave a downed target and must keep the pressure up, but had to break stun).
The defensive rotation is definitely something you should learn and utilize whenever heavy healing is needed
- Water Attunement which also triggers Healing Ripple and grants Regeneration.
- Dodge in order to proc the water part of Evasive Arcana for healing and condition cleansing.
- 24px Riptide for evasion, healing, and condition cleansing.
- Optional Earthquake and the first dodge after entering Earth are both blast finishers therefore can be used for the same purpose as Earthen Vortex. Earthquake is only available if you were already in Earth before entering Water.
- Earth Attunement
- 24px Earthen Vortex to blast the water field left behind by Riptide.
- Fire Attunement
- 24px Lava Skin for the barrier and some counterpressure.
- Note: Earthquake and 24px Lava Skin can easily be interrupted. If you do not want to risk that, consider using Primordial Stance for the Stability.
Notable Attunement Mixes
- Provides access to great burst damage through skills such as 24px Flame Uprising, Fire Grab and 24px Pyro Vortex.
- Has excellent mobility thanks to 24px Polaric Leap and Ride the Lightning.
- Will provide maximum access to blasting fire fields as well as some reasonable defense.
- Useful for setting up fire fields with either 24px Flame Uprising or 24px Ring of Fire which we can later blast with any mix of 24px Earthen Vortex, Earthquake, dodging in Earth Attunement for Evasive Arcana, or even Churning Earth.
- 24px Lava Skin's barrier is a nice boost to sustain.
- Best combination for CC as it has 24px Polaric Leap, 24px Gale Strike and Earthquake.
- If you have set up a long lasting field such as 24px Ring of Fire beforehand or your allies have put down fields, it should be noted that you have plenty of access to various finishers through 24px Polaric Leap and all the blast finishers available in Earth Attunement as detailed above.
- YouTube: Cellofrag version, gameplay/guide
- Twitch: Grimjack