Weaver - Power DPS Staff (Fractal)
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A power DPS build for Weaver. This build deals heavy AoE burst damage with and, which makes it one of the best builds for killing trash and adds. It also deals good damage on bosses with large hitboxes, and shares a small amount of Might and Protection to nearby allies.
- In dungeons and fractals, Weaver is particularly useful for the constant Blind it provides with . Experienced groups can pick up the Weaver'sto push out more burst DPS in short fights, or the Weaver'sfor increased mobility in speed clears.
- Note that Staff Weaver is heavily dependent on Alacrity, so make sure you have a Chronomancer - Utility Boon Support for support.
- This guide is focused on fractals. For the raid version see Weaver - Power DPS Staff.
- for minor group healing and betteruptime when in a group with low healing.
- if extra condition cleanse is needed.
- overagainst enemies you are able to rapidly burst down.
- overif having trouble staying alive in high-pressure fights.
- overfor encounters with very short phases.
- if you can't break defiance bars consistently for. You can also consider running "Arcane Variant" below.
- if you have no other source of Vigor.
- if you need the shield.
- Use Arcane instead of Air if you can't break defiance bars consistently for , but you have a Chronomancer - Utility Boon Support in your party to provide you with boons for.
- on night time encounters.
- Slaying sigils if applicable.
Written Rotation (Arcane)
- Weaver's DPS rotation is complex, however it can be broken down into small chunks for easier memorization. The main goal of the rotation being to maximise the damage from three main skills - ,andwhile filling gaps with high damage autoattacks and low-cooldown skills likeand. The following rotation is a good starting point to begin learning the class.
- Start in /
- From here, you enter a section that is more or less looped with small modifications for the rest of the fight
- off cooldown while you are attuned to fire and auto attack in downtime.
- When is off cooldown, start the following sequence of skills
- After your second you can begin cycling throughinto doubleto castand, every ~10 seconds after finishing your meteor shower channel. You can useas filler overwhile attuned to earth - cast⇒before dropping it.
- After casting each meteor shower you should pick up/recast and cycle throughand
- Cast whenever possible whileis active.
- When the boss will die in the next ~20s instead of the standard usage of andyou can do the following:
- Double attune to fire to trigger before immediately casting
before resuming your standard rotation until the boss dies.
- Most of the time, you can't follow the full rotation in fractals due to boss mechanics. Instead, focus on timing ,, andto coincide with your group breaking the boss's defiance bar. This also prevents the boss from moving out of your attacks.
- mitigates almost all damage from trash mobs. If you coordinate with other Weavers you can keep enemies blinded for a very long duration.
- In very short fights you won't be able to pick up your ora second time. In these cases, you can tell your teammates to pick them up and useor- these skills deal insane burst damage and are often DPS increases over your teammates' normal skills.
- If you have trouble surviving high-pressure fights like Mai Trin or Artsariiv, you can slot for more personal defense. This is a DPS loss but it's better than dying.
- can be used for mobility (e.g. Thaumanova heat room) and faster movement between fights. Since it's a conjured weapon you can also give it to teammates to use. Use a Mistlock Singularity or /gg once you reach a checkpoint to reset its cooldown.
- Staff Weaver has very little prompt access to reliable hard-hitting CC skills for breakbars - many of its CC skills are gated behind double-attuning or will be unavailable due to the DPS rotation.
- available in double
- available whenis in your second attuement slot, only stuns if you are able to land the edge of it on the boss.
- if you are inwhile the breakbar is up.
- available as the dual Air/Earth skill