Herald - Celestial Mallyx
- Without Axe, Mace has no gap-closer as pure close melee weapon. Frigid Blitz also does a lot of damage and #5 serves as good CC which can enable serious burst combo.
- As for Staff, it doesn't bring enough damage and doesn't "stick". It doesn't really have anything over Sword/Shield - S/S has better healing, way more damage, deals damage easier, has might stacking. Just my personal opinions after testing stuff out - feel free to check other options by yourself —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Rym (talk • contribs) .
- With Shiro and Glint with Hammer and dual swords you can easily score 600k+ damage a match. But it is just flat damage, it doesn't apply any condition pressure. I run a variant of this build with shield mace and sword axe and get about 400k condition damage and 250k damage on a good match, so it's about even. I take the poison though, so its more deadly. Gogo Yubari Sama (talk) 15:12, 22 November 2015 (UTC)
Weapon Swap Sigils
- Personal preference. I dodge a lot for Stability to secure my important abilities like heal or mallyx/weapon skills - currently if you get interrupted they still use your Energy and go on full cd. I run it mostly because of Dragonhunters with their amount of CC and unblockable CC - I like having that bonus layer of Stability from Energy sigil when I use Shield #5 against them for example to avoid random unblockable interrupt. Bursting here occurs with switch to other Legend, so bonus Geomancy (since you're melee all the time) helps a bit.
- At the end of the day, you are free to edit this for more sigil variations and use whatever you want. Modify stuff so it works for you - I often swap couple sigils here and there based on who am I facing etc. And have fun experimenting! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Rym (talk • contribs) .
Celestial Mallyx vs Power Shiro
I see someone saying this build is inferior to power Shiro, which is just not true. A Shiro Revenant's burst(s) are so easy to negate with this it's laughable. The rating states this build is bad against condi necros. All you have to do is pulse Embrace the Darkness->Demonic Defiance trait combined with Pain Absoprtion which makes any condi build useless against you. I don't use the sword/shield switch as I find the sword in this build absolutely useless. Most of your damage should be coming from stacking torment/fire which comes from auto-attacking with your mace, actually landing your Searing Fissures, stacking the might from Echoing Corruption's combo finisher and using Mallyx stance (when appropriate). Fighting on points, this build (or a slight variant) is top-notch if played correctly. The buffs you provide for your team, as well as the sustain/damage capability you have on points (vs single or multiple targets) are what makes this build shine. The Torment condition mechanic works great on Stronghold as well, especially at killing moving NPC's —The preceding unsigned comment was added by CRsquared (talk • contribs) .
- Sword has some redeeming qualities tho, like Vulnerability to cover your other condis, spammable chill and might stacking (even the evasion but that can easily be interrupted when being focused). I too prefer staff on this but the current setup's not bad. Btw a nec can just strip the Resistance and then fear you, there's nothing you could poossibly do about it on Mallyx from that point as the legend doesn't provide a stun break and all of your resistance-applying skills have cast times. Probably a matter of personal preference, I for one found shiro/mallyx condi herald better than this - higher pressure, more mobility, more stunbreakers, but arguably more selfish. --Hanz(talk) 22:55, 20 November 2015 (UTC)