Support Core Guard
A PvP Guardian build updated to Heart of Thorns standards.
- Support oriented Core guardian
- Take note that this build is not meta but is a fun build to play in unranked or low elo games.
- Feel free to take Hammer over Staff for a more offensive build.
can be replaced by:
- Team comps that rely heavily on rotations counters this build; the Bunker guard is great for teamfights but has slow movement and is not that effective in 1v1 or 2v2 situation, it really starts to shine at 3v3 and above.
- General Keep in mind that your role as a bunker isn't just to keep yourself alive - in fact you should keep most of your supportive skills for your allies in case they need to be healed, cleansed of conditions or protected by boons. You should be the first in line to res them as well.
- Virtue of Resolve should be kept for the passive as long as possible, but the active AoE healing and condi cleansing is definitely worth utilizing.
- Virtue of Courage (enhanced by your traits) is your only skill which is capable of breaking stun on not only you but also your allies while providing Stability Stability, Aegis Aegis and Protection.
- Empower Empower in a team fight will heal you for a huge amount because of Altruistic Healing Altruistic Healing, plus will aid in spikes by giving allies 12 stacks of Might and release an AoE heal when the skill ends. Combine it with Virtue of Justice Virtue of Justice to get your allies up to 15 stacks of Might
- Give Swiftness to your team before the match starts! Use Symbol of Swiftness Symbol of Swiftness on the spawn point's exit gate ~4 seconds before the match starts. Each pulse of the symbol stacks Swiftness Swiftness.
- Remember that your shouts condi clear as well as the buff it provides