This build is made for handling both condi pressure and power pressure well, and thrives in teamfights and holding points where the continuous regen, protection, and vigor, combined with the powerful aoe overloads of tempest allow both large amounts of tanking, damage, and healing all rolled into one class.
- Harmonious ConduitGain stability when beginning an overload. Upon successfully completing an overload, gain increased damage for a period of time.
- Gale SongTrigger "Eye of the Storm!" when a foe attempts to control you by stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, taunt, or launch.
- Superior Rune of the Monk(1): +25 Healing Power (2): +5% Boon Duration (3): +50 Healing Power (4): +10% Boon Duration (5): +100 Healing Power (6): +10% outgoing heal effectiveness to allies, +1% outgoing heal effectiveness for 3 seconds whenever granting a boon to an ally (max 10)
Take this if you are trying to increase healing output. In its current state Durability is much stronger however due to the additional boon duration.
- Superior Rune of the Grove(1): +25 Healing Power (2): +10% Protection Duration (3): +50 Healing Power (4): +20% Protection Duration (5): +100 Healing Power (6): +20% Protection Duration; when struck by a foe, a meadow blooms at your location, granting vigor, regeneration, and protection to allies within it. (Cooldown: 90s)
A bit of a cheese rune, however this rune finds its place in the fight vs. other bunker builds, where it is important to get them off point and keep them there. Can be the difference between decapping/capping, but Durability still is superior.
This build is focused on utilizing the Tempest's access to powerful sustain and tenacity through high tank stats, large amounts of healing, and continuous applications of regen and healing from shouts, in order to buff allies and hold points against anywhere from one to three enemies. Generally you will be able to hold most points 1 vs. 1 against almost any class, and can hold 1 vs. 2 against certain combinations of classes. You are also invaluable in team-fights due to the auras you apply from your shouts.
Whenever you apply an aura you also receive Protection due to
which makes your auras an even stronger tool of defense. You also get a heal from
- Envelop yourself with electrical energy that stuns nearby foes if they attack you. Each attaker can be affected by this only once every 2 seconds.Overload. Use your air magic to summon a nimbus that repeatedly strikes nearby allies, then create a lingering static region that strikes enemies at the same interval. Using this skill causes the attunement to have a longer recharge.
- Element BastionAuras you apply heal allies. Apply a frost aura to yourself and nearby allies when struck while below the health threshold.Overload. Create a surge of accumulated water magic, healing and cleansing allies. When the cast ends, heal the area and apply regeneration. Using this skill causes the attunement to have a longer recharge.Shout. Unleash a torrent of ice on enemy locations, chilling those who cannot escape. Grant frost aura to allies in range.
- Envelop yourself in a fiery shield that burns foes and grants might every time you are struck (cooldown of 1 second per attacker).Overload. Unleash all flames you've accumulated, searing enemies and strengthening allies. Finishing the cast leaves a tornado behind. Using this skill causes the attunement to have longer recharge.
- Overload. Ride your stored earth magic around, granting protection to other allies you move over and crippling enemies, then deliver a final blast of power to the area. Using this skill causes the attunement to have a longer recharge.3Initial Stability(3s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.Shout. Call upon the earth to cripple and immobilize foes in the area around you. Allies in the initial blast gain magnetic aura.
- Using your auras for sustain is critical to your success as a Tempest. Each shout will apply an aura to you and nearby allies and damage enemies and provide you and your allies a decent heal.
- In general, decide when to overload carefully. Overload Air is your go-to offensive skill, use this whenever you’re not being heavily pressured to leave a devastating AoE on the point. Overload Fire provides burning, a fire field, and decent mightstacking to your team, Overload Water provides a lot of healing and regeneration, and Overload Earth provides lots of protection to allies, has more stability on channel, and applies bleeds to enemies. When you overload, watch your positioning carefully to make sure you’re doing damage to an enemy or healing an ally but use the radius of the overload to stay out of direct AoEs and cleave to ensure your overloads don’t get interrupted. Do not overload if you’re being focused in a teamfight, although Overload Water can sometimes save you if you time it right and don’t get interrupted.
- Shout. Shout and infuse your allies with arcane energy. Allies who would take lethal damage while this is active ignore the deathblow and are healed instead. If the effect expires naturally, grant an aura based on your current attunement.Fire Shield (5s): Enveloped in a fiery shield that burns foes, grants might each time you are struck (1 second cooldown per attacker).Shocking Aura (5s): Stun nearby attacking foes with an electric shock (only once per 2 seconds for each attacker).
- In the current meta you will find yourself fighting vs. bunkers very often. A key way to win these fights is the use of
- CC chains after interrupting an overload leave you high and dry, as you have no access to stability at that point
- Combos of a power build and a condi build removing diamond skin and allowing condis to stack
- Power revenants give this build a lot of trouble
Feel free to add content here (must be regular ESL participant).