Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This build is used in raids to support the team with Might, Banners, Empower Allies as well as dealing damage a pretty decent condi dps.
If the damage dealers in your group are mostly condition based.
Stats Full Viper's ascended Armor. Viper's Amulet, Viper's Backpiece (If you dont have it, use an Exotic Sinister Backpiece with a Black Diamond added to it.) Accessories and Rings are sinister.
- Start with Sword/Torch
- Weapon swap
- Scorched Earth
- Go to #10 and repeat until
- Scorched Earth
- Weapon swap
- Flaming Flurry
- Go to #8 and repeat.
- Follow the rotation as much as possible.
- Your most easily accessible strong CC is
- If your team needs strong CC, on Mathias Gabrel for example, you can switch that free slot for, your strongest CC.Rage. Lash out with a critical attack that launches your target. Your target flies backward with such force that they knock back other foes in the way. Gain bonus adrenaline if this move hits.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I'm definitely intrigued, but can this actually keep up perma 25 might to the party?
Yes it is able to keep up enough might on an organised group! You need to take in consideration that mesmer bounces might a lot, on my gameplay, you can see i have no problem keeping the might up, and at the end of the video, i'm actually the only ps in my group on sloth and the might is pretty fine, just took for great justice as an additional might source because i'm the only PS. I'm posting this after quite a lot of tries with it, the might is completely fine, the actual meta for power based PS Warrior are the scholar runes, without dumplings, it cant even keep up 25 stack of mights, but because there is two of them in the actual raid group and all the might bounce by the mesmer it's pretty fine. You can see the gameplay i've put in the video as well that confirm what i'm saying, also empower allies can still be taken if there's a lot of power based damage dealers in the group.
- So if it can indeed keep 25 might up with banners and empower allies, the last question left is: does it do more damage than ps warrior? If not, why bring it over ps warrior?
I actually think it depends on the boss, on Vale Guardian no, because this boss has a very low toughness, so power damage hurts him a lot, but on the other bosses the dps of a power based warrior (a good one with scholar runes) is around 17k, this one is around 16k, but it makes it up for example on sabetha, because Karde melt very fast (Karde is sensitive to condi damage, it takes bonus condi damage) , on mathias, because the boss moves so much, the dps and might of a power based ps warrior is quite low and very not stable (something around 10k at max, sometimes worst), when this build keep a pretty high and stable dps, and can clear the ice patches quite easily. On slothazor, it is really good to cleave the sublings, and you can keep a decent dps and might uptime if you get fixated or poison, so i would say it really depends on the situation, but this build will never be really weak, it's quite good in every situations. (even on VG it has his advantages because you can take care of the red boss).
- Great stuff. However, when thinking of other builds to replace PS warrior, I tend to find that it's hard to rely on a build which blasts for might in raids. The chrono wells and fresh air ele's are spamming such big fields all the time. Do you view this as a limiting factor with your build?
Nope, this build does not rely on blasts for might, it's just a cool additional bonus, this build gives a good amount of might uptime, even superior than a meta warrior using scholar runes, people tend to ignore it but a meta PS warrior gives around 18 might uptime, the reason the might is at 25 during your raids run is because the meta mesmer copy the boons around 3 times in his rotation, also a necro using meta build uses blood is power wich gives 8 mights, a meta ele can also bounce boons with the warhorn 4 on rotation, a revenant can also help, and eventually lots of things i forget, any meta PS warrior have always been relying on group to get 25 stack of might all the time. That being said. The might you gives is superior to a meta PS warrior using scholar runes, because your might last way longer so they are more stable and when they are getting bounce they last even more longer.
- Dont forget to blast your
- If you use
- If your adrenaline is full before the cooldown to activate Berserker is up, feel free to use Burst. Deliver a circular attack to foes around you, and gain fury. Deal more damage to foes with low health.
- Use all of your equipped Banners at the beginning of the fight. Replace them, when they are ready again.