Welcome to MetaBattle
- Be sure to check out the tutorial. Submitting the first edit/create with any external links results in an automatic ban. Instructions are in the tutorial under "creating an article").
- Sign your comments on Discussion pages with 4 tildes ("~~~~") or use the "signature" button found on the toolbar. It will automatically convert this into a timestamp with your name. (You can indent paragraphs/replies with the ":" colon character).
- If you have any questions feel free to respond here or add a new topic on the community portal.
- All users are encouraged to submit valid ratings for builds in testing, good, great, and meta.
- Try to make a build that has purpose. Explain it's specific purpose and why it's better than other builds. If it's not, re-consider whether it should be written.
- Make sure the build you want to write is significantly different than other builds already posted. Otherwise leave a comment with the proposed changes on the already existing build's page!
Thanks for joining and welcome to the MetaBattle team!
Reposting your rating on http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_Midline_Auramancer in case you want to reuse any of it, build has been significantly updated.
"As someone who's actually run a Staff in a frontline, it's stupid.
Staff has no cleave & all AA attacks require continuous targeting & shifting to make sure you're on the frontline's target. Compared to D/x (you get 1 evade in fire, blast in water, shocking aura in lightning, leap in earth + aa cleave is much more suited to a front-line comp)
/WH - boon orinetation (can run IM)
-Fire: 4 copies any might + fury on you & adds 3 might stacks.
-Water: 4 applies AoE regen (procs CW). 5 (more important) is a moving water field - essential for new comps, and allows for fluid motion
-Air: 4 is a good interrupt & cc, draws people in to bombs, esp. in boon stripping scenarios where opponents don't have stab.
-Earth: 4 applies mag aura & prot, + boons' duration by 2 sec & is a blast.
/Focus - defensive orientation
-Fire: 5 applies fire aura (heals with EM)
-Water: 4 single target chill, 5 AoE interrupt around target
-Air: 4 is swirling winds (best skill in game. BLOCKS ALL PROJECTILES - allows safe down cleaving/rezzing). 5 is unblockable knockdown (great for priority target focus)
-Earth: 4 mag aura (self) & blast. 5 is your 4 sec invuln (invlun is a must in most frontline comps esp. against bigger groups)
/Dagger - offensive option (works with LC) no explanation req
5 monk + 1 scholar?
Celestial + PVT best stat spread? Do you even theorycraft?