Catalyst - Support Catalyst (GvG)
Designed for: WvW GvG
Catalyst provides massive outgoing condition cleanse with strong boon, aura support and utility.
- to give the dropped sword to a DPS player. (Not recommended)
- Build Variants
- Use Nomad's stats on the helmet. You reach boon duration cap with for the most time.
- Rune Variants
The main purpose of this build is to maximize the amount of auras shared by the Elementalist. The build still brings the rezz utility as well as large amounts of cleanses from . Compared to the Fire Tempest build, it does not bring any noticable amount of healing sustain. It is therefore not a direct suitable replacement for a Fire Tempest but needs to be played with a powerful healing spec in the party, for example a healing Vindicator. On the other side however, it brings more access to auras, more cleanses, access to from for a faster cast as well as access to ranged Resistance from amoung other boons.
- Condition clear
- Boon share
- Burst Healing
- To generate energy for Catalyst's Jade Sphere abilities make sure to hit enemies with skills that have a high number of hits:
- This build has moderate passive defense
- This build has high mobility skill access
- This builds has moderate active defenses
Glyph of Renewal
- Focus on reviving allies who are far away with , don't waste the skill on players that can be hand rezzed.
- If possible, use on yourself while casting for the Quickness
- This also speeds up the cast if you use the sphere after you started casting the glyph
- Use in on single players and on multiple players
- If you can't be in a good position, don't cast in
- Under General Options / Combat/Movement turn on Allow Skill Retargeting and set Ground Targeting to Instant Cast, this will make cast at the location your cursor is at the end of the cast, instead of where you initially targeted
- Most of your condition clear is reliant on and comes passively while rotating through the attunements while blasting
- You can apply Resistance on a long range using due to
- Prioritize for burst condition clear, see the burst healing rotation below
- has a per-attunement cooldown of 10 seconds
- You can start casting a blast in one attunement then swap to a different attunement before the cast ends to proc
- Prioritize getting auras from for
- Prioritize and
- If you have spare energy use and blast it for healing
- Make sure to land the Jade Sphere cast on top of allies for the boons from
- Place your spheres so that one edge is on your allied group and the other edge is where your group is moving to
- Optimally leave it somewhere your group is regrouping
- Make sure you are close to allies when swapping out of fire to give them Might with
- For this reason, go into fire whenever there is time
- Most your CC comes from obtained from the Dagger skill or by blasting fields while switching into air from
- Try to proc the trait as often as possible and try to not overlap the aura from blasting and the aura skill from dagger as durations do not stack
- Use when your team is going for a single target
- Use once you notice that the enemy runs out of Stability
- Use when crossing through enemies to Immobilize them
- You can use as an extra dodge which might give you some launches
- Catalyst healing is very limited and low range, but significant enough to save people if comboed
- Under General Options / User Interface check Always show squad health bars and Always show party health bars. These will make it much easier to keep track of who needs your support.
- Also under General Options / User Interface turn on Thick party health bars
- Thick squad health bars can be used too as a matter of personal preference, but is not recommended for large numbers
- Under Squad Options check View as a grid. This will allow you to keep track of your allies' health and be quicker in using . While this doesn't allow you to see conditions on allies, most of your cleanses are passively applied anyway.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium