Chronomancer - Power DPS
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A power DPS Chronomancer build for raids and fractals. This build deals very high burst and sustained damage against single targets. In addition it has very good CC, utility, and personal defense, and is capable of generating its own Might, Fury, Quickness, and Alacrity.
- instead of if extra cleave damage is needed to kill adds.
- if extra CC is required.
- instead of if extra boon uptime is needed.
- if Quickness uptime is bad.
- if and only if your squad can have a permanent uptime on Slow. If you're using Danger Time, you'll want to follow a different rotation and use a new set of gear which will be explained later in the guide.
- Domination instead of Illusions is a viable alternative, resulting in higher sustained DPS but overall worse burst.
- Only a single mainhand sword is required
- If using the Domination variant, use a Greatsword instead of the Focus offhand with and .
- If playing a version, you should use full Berserker gear instead of the Assassin mix listed above.
- The goal of the rotation is to get as many casts of your phantasm summons as possible, filling downtime with autoattack chains and . In order to do this you can make clever use of and , which when used together and timed correctly can effectively allow you to reset your phantasm cooldowns 3 times in short succession. This is achieved by entering during the aftercast of , which will give you refreshed phantasm cooldowns for the duration of your continuum split as well as refreshing the cooldowns outside of continuum split, all while leaving off cooldown once your continuum split ends.
Start on Sword/Focus.
- Weapon swap
- - enter during the aftercast of this skill, which will give you the refreshed phantasm cooldowns outside of continuum split
- - should end during this cast
- Weapon swap
- Weapon swap
- Repeat from step 15 unless is recharged
- If is recharged, repeat from step 6
- Illusions Danger Time - Much higher damage output, but only if your target has 100% slow uptime
- Domination Improved Alacrity - Better sustained damage, but lower burst and self-quickness generation)
- Domination Danger Time - Much higher damage output, but only if your target has 100% slow uptime
- Fill gaps in between skills listed in the rotation with auto-attack chains.
- Make sure not to interrupt your autoattack chain as the damage from it is heavily loaded into the final strike, .
- Use whenever you have 3 clones up or if it reaches its second charge.
- Save clones to shatter with if you will need to CC in the immediate future.
- You can use Create a wall of energy that grants swiftness to allies who cross it and cripples foes who touch it. Allies may cross the wall more than once but receive less swiftness after the first crossing.
- should be cast as soon as there is a charge available, but make sure to never use the last charge to avoid having to re-cast the long channel.
Thanks to Strider and Aerial for the gear setups and rotations