Difference between revisions of "Daredevil - S/D Condition"
m (Protected "Daredevil - S/D Condition" ([Edit=Allow only administrators] (indefinite) [Move=Allow only administrators] (indefinite)))
Revision as of 16:32, 13 October 2019
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Daredevil Sword/Dagger build for PvP which utilizes condition damage, soft-CC spam, and boon stealing to burst targets who lack access to mass condition cleansing (such as most Mirage or Holosmith builds).
If you don't need the sustain of Signet of Agility then it can be replaced by:
- - synergy with several traits and adds a new condition to the build: Slow.
- - Immob synergy for better soft-CC and more Poison.
- - adds Vulnerability to the build and more Torment.
- Superior Rune of the Nightmare(1): +25 Condition Damage (2): +5% Condition Duration (3): +50 Condition Damage (4): +10% Condition Duration (5): +100 Condition Damage (6): When you use an elite skill, deliver an attack (240 radius) that blinds enemies and transfers one condition.(Cooldown: 45s)
- Share your venom(s) with as many allies as possible, including pets and minions.
- Use to initiate fights. Preferably it should be activated from a safe spot like behind a pillar where you can retreat with .
- Use to move between capture points. Your job is to roam the map and +1 fights by bursting down targets who have cleansing / no cooldowns.
- is a very situational skill and won't see much use in combat. Some applications of C&D include stomping downed targets in stealth or interrupting very important skills with .
- Most of the build's damage comes from the simple (IS) + dodge combo. IS will immobilize the target while applying 2 stacks of Poison thanks to the traits and , meanwhile the dodge will trigger + under the target. This is great for initiating fights and poking at dangerous targets.
- Note: there's a small delay between the teleport and the Immobilize application of . If you dodge too soon you may cancel the immob part of the skill so pay attention to your timing.
- Against targets with Resistance (or other important boons you must get rid of for some reason) try to land the + combo in order to steal it. Using inbetween to port out and then jump back with + Larcenous Strike can make it a bit less predictable while stealing up to 5 boons.
- Spam and dodges atop downed enemies to deny any rez attempts. This skill is also perfect for ranged poking and doing combos with.
- Each projectile of both your dodge and the elite fired inside this combo field inflicts 1 stack of Poison which amounts to quite a bit of extra damage - or in case of your elite, even AoE burst damage.
This chain blows a lot of cooldowns and should only be used on targets that already used most of their defensive skills. Wasting all of this on a Contemplation of Purity for example would be a huge misplay. If done at the right time on the right target, this should almost guarantee a kill.
- Optional step If you're not already in combat, consider opening with from range and then swapping to S/D before it could hit the ground (this way your brust damage will be higher and weapon swap won't even go on CD)
- in the middle of the dodge
- You have 3 options for ending the chain
- Another dodge for even more condition pressure
- Sword #3 chain for unblockable damage and boon stealing in case the target has Resistance
- Swap to Short bow to daze the target with
Condition cleansing with weapon skills
- will provide constant cleansing during combat. Aside from dodging there are 2 ways to trigger this trait:
- on Sword/Dagger.
- on Short bow
- There's a 3rd skill not related to traits, which is . Note that this is slightly more expensive than the other methods because it's a chain skill with a grand total of 5 initiative cost for the sequence while the other two only cost 4 under the right circumstances. This however is the only one that can cleanse conditions out of combat.
- On S/D spamming Flanking Strike will be the slightly cheaper method, but only if you don't activate its chain skill (to do that make sure you don't have anyone targeted while casting the skill). However cutting out the chain skill should only be used to disengage from heavy pressure, as otherwise is a quite powerful skill and well worth its cost.
- Heavy CC
- A good Bunker Firebrand can almost completely negate the impact you'd have in fights