Dragonhunter - DPS x/Torch
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The advantages of this build compared to the Hammer one are higher single target DPS, ranged DPS, much higher burst and situational condition cleansing for allies. The disadvantages are no Protection, less AoE damage, weaker CC and less versatility from swap options.
- can be used to get an additional CC.
- can be used to block Gorseval's knockback attack or cannons at Sabetha.
- can be used as a DPS increase.
- can be used as a slight DPS increase.
- if projectile defense is needed.
- Use for group support.
- Use for a DPS increase when Fury and Quickness are covered. Provides breakbar damage or a small AoE pull.
- Shield is mentioned for Seeker control on VG and overall for CC plus Aegis support.
- Focus can be used to open fights for a small burst before swapping to another weapon.
- Sword can be used along with Scepter for opening bursts against big hitbox bosses and as an actual second weapon set to use in your rotation against small hitbox bosses.
- Use and if you don't get Retaliation from some other source like Druids or Chronos. This will be the case in most squads so don't assume you should just run with the default build if you care about minmaxing at all.
- All armor, weapons, and trinkets are Berserker's.
Consider replacing Radiance with Virtues at Gorseval and Keep Construct if you can keep up .
- Asassin's Amulet
- All armor, weapons, and trinkets are Berserker's.
Use this rotation against bosses with big hitboxes:
- Weapon swap
- Repeat from Step 3
Video Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTgdm2myixI
Scepter/Torch - Sword/Torch Use this rotation against bosses with small hitboxes:
Video Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaE3RMKlwLo
- Try to always hit your into .
- will recharge your F1. This allows you to have a higher uptime when there are adds around. Always try to keep up your Spear up as much as possible.
- is your strongest hard CC but it should only be used in emergencies since it's a considerable DPS loss.
- Virtue: Burn foes every few attacks.
Activate: Hurl a spear of light that passes through foes. Enemies struck become tethered and receive conditions periodically.can be used for CC if needed. You will lose the uptime on .
- adds Daze to all your traps, dealing 100 more breakbar damage with each.
- pulls and applies Slow on your target. This is a soft CC and hard CC.
- On Vale Guardian the best build depends on what your role will be. If you are not going to green circles you can play sword+scepter with radiance, if you are going to green circles you can camp scepter/torch and have a shield in the other set to knock away seekers. If you think your squad might need the protection which is especially useful in the split phases you can also go with hammer (http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Dragonhunter_-_DPS/Support_Hammer).
- can block all the blue AoE's.
- is a good gap closer as well as a strong heal, use it wisely.
- In the split phase Aegis and Protection help the more squishy classes a lot when you pull the blue guardian on top of the green one and there are two heavy hitting aura ticks for a few seconds.
- Try to look useful!
- You might want to use Greatsword + Sword/Focus for higher mobility.
- can be used for mobility as well as .
- On Gorseval I recommend changing radiance to virtues since you can literally keep up aegis 100% of the fight if you dodge his knockbacks and the adds get pulled fast. For the most part you should camp scepter/torch but you should still open the fight after every phase on sword.
- Use Aegis or Shield of Courage for his knockback attack.
- can hit you quite hard through Retaliation from Gorseval. To negate that you can just use Litany of Wrath which basically allows you to go ham in the CC phase without even losing your Scholar Rune buff.
- On Sabetha I mainly recommend sword+scepter with radiance. It is not only the best DPS of the guardian builds on her but also is really fast at destroying cannons if you get assigned for that. If you think your squad might need the protection which is especially useful in the last phase from 25% until the end you can also go with hammer (http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Dragonhunter_-_DPS/Support_Hammer).
- Use your wings of resolve to jump on the launchpads fast if you want to go up to a cannon.
- Try to aegis cannonshots or kicks from adds that people might not be able to dodge.
- For Sloth you want to camp on scepter/torch for the most part but still always swap to sword before every CC phase so you can get two free sword symbols for some nice extra burst. You should also swap to sword if there are a LOT of adds pulled on the boss since scepter cleave is awful. Both radiance and virtues have their uses here. With radiance you have a bit more DPS, with virtues you have a lot more support in form of a big AoE condition remove and a nice AoE stunbreak for emergencies in case the eles or the rangers screw up.
- is a good use against the Slublings.
- can block everything on Slothasor which is especially useful when he does his shake attack since many people have problems dodging that or can't dodge it because of the situation they were in before Slothasor did this attack. It can also block the fear that Slothasor applies after the CC phase which can be valueble, especially for the last CC phase at 10% since often Elementalists and Rangers still have
- If the situation demands for it or you just see a bunch of Slubblings that are nicely lined up you can also support in pulling them using your F1. Keep in mind that it pierces so you can actually pull multiple Slubblings with it if you use it correctly.
- Cleansing Flame is a big condition remove for your allies which can save people if you use it after somebody tanked parts of the shake attack or got bombed by evolved slubblings. It does not cleanse yourself though so be careful about that.
- For the Bandit Trio I recommend the hammer build (http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Dragonhunter_-_DPS/Support_Hammer) since breaking bars is very important and guardian is one of the best classes for it. Also hammer cleave is amazing for all the adds while scepter and sword cleave are pretty bad compared to it.
- You might want to have a Greatsword on swap so you can pull mobs together.
- can be quite useful on this encounter.
- Since you have a bunch of very reliable and easy CC in form of Banish, Bane Signet, traps, F1 and Shield of Absorbtion on Guardian and you are also fairly survivable it is a good choice for dealing with mortars or saboteurs.
- I recommend the hammer build for this fight (http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Dragonhunter_-_DPS/Support_Hammer) since protection is really valueble against Matthias and the CC for the sacrafices is really good. If you think your squad will not need that at all you can go with sword+scepter with radiance for more DPS aswell.
- Guardian is a good choice for the reflection in this fight since you don't lose as much as Mesmers do if you sacrafice one of your utility slots for reflection. Keep in mind that the cooldown of the bubble that makes him invulnerable that you need to break with reflecting his attack is 30 seconds while your Wall of Reflection is on a 40 seconds cooldown. If you have a good mesmer in your subsquad who gives you enough Alacrity that shouldn't be a problem but if it turns out to be one you can just replace Dragonhunter with Virtues and trait for Consecration cooldown so you only need a tiny bit of Alacrity for the cooldowns to match.
- Use for the Breakbar(Sacrifice).
- If more CC is needed, use and at last .
- In the phases from 100% to 40% many of his attacks one shot people normally but protection makes them survive these attacks so only stop attacking on hammer, giving people protection if it is really needed.
- In the phase from 40% until the end blocks become very valueble. A well times aegis can block the timed bombs which are not dodgeable otherwise. The same thing applies to the damage from the ghosts which is blockable but not dodgeable.
- On a sidenote the attack that you need to reflect has a way longer cooldown in this phase so you don't have to worry about Alacrity anymore. Be careful though since sometimes he becomes invulnerable but instead of using the attack that you need to reflect to break that invulnerability he does the one that gives him a huge damage buff if you reflect it so wait with putting your wall down until you are sure which of the two attacks he is doing.
- Protective Reviver can end up being counterproductive by blocking projectiles you need to reflect but can also help a lot in some situations by blocking the projectiles of his vault or saving yourself by giving you an extra aegis. Also the tiny bit of extra revive speed is better than nothing. It is your choice if you use it or not since it has pros and cons to it.
Stronghold of the Faithful
- Since almost all the mobs have some kind of annoying CC it is definetly recomendable to bring Stand your Ground.
- Greatsword is nice to pull things together and burst them down.
- Use your imobilizes and cripple to slow down wargs engaging from the front if neccesary.
- For KC I recommend sword+scepter with virtues. During his burn phase the only way you can lose your aegis is getting hit by one of the statues so watch out for that. In the burn phase you should mainly be on scepter since KCs hitbox is pretty huge but outside of that you should swap to sword often to cleave the statues when they spawn.
- You should assist in pushing the orb into the rifts by hitting it with banish or pulling it into the last rift with your F1.
- You can just use everything you have including Bane Signet for CC without any drawback since after any CC phase there is going to be a part where your DPS does not matter.
- Protection and Aegis can somewhat help before the last burn phase when the room is filled with small AoEs
- For Xera you should definetly use the hammer build (http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Dragonhunter_-_DPS/Support_Hammer) since she will have adds arround her a lot and hammer cleave is amazing against that. Also protection and CC from hammer can be useful depending on how the fight goes.
- You should definetly have a scepter on swap so you are able to stand on the buttons surrounding the fragments that you need to destroy before the actual bossfight and when you get teleported in the middle of the fight. It's also handy for assisting with clearing shards in situations where the tempests are not able to for some reason or you need to clear as fast as possible. Another nice thing is that you have a convinient way of helping with killing the shards in the phase after Xera drops to 50% and you have to glide arround the platforms.
- With your traps and the constant big symbol Hammer Guardian is one of the best things against all the mobs Xera is summoning during the fight.