Dragonhunter - Meditrapper Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Dragonhunter build for WvW roaming that mixes meditations and traps.
- over - if mass cleansing or more stun breakers are needed.
- over - if you want to have 2 cleanses on your bar.
If you don't want to bother with Bloodlust stacks, take .
If you feel like you don't need the movement speed, here are some other runes you could consider:
- or - better sustain in general, both runes increase your max HP significantly. Durability is purely defensive, Divinity is a mix of defense and offense.
- - allows you to kite and disengage with Stealth and Superspeed.
- - considered to be the optimal food by man, strong mix of sustain and damage.
- - non-ascended defensive option.
- - non-ascended offensive option.
- - extra precision with an armor ignoring damage proc that also heals you.
- or .
- The ring created by a triggered deals more damage than the initial trigger, and a significant portion of your burst damage comes from pulling/pushing foes through it.
- Drop the trap preferably at your target's feet so that they spring it immediately and not after you already blew a CC. Consider jumping in with if they were far away.
- Push them outside the ring with either or .
- Pull them back in with (secondary skill of ).
- If possible, swap weapons and use the other knockback skill too that you didn't 2 steps before.
- can also be used defensively as it's an instant cast skill that's also usable while stunned and grants Protection.
- is unblockable and can be used to interrupt blocking skills.
- removes a total of 5 conditions and gives a substantial heal to you and your teammates, use it often. It's also an excellent mobility tool in combat.
- breaks stun and blocks all attacks in front of you, use it to relive pressure from you and your team - for example, you can stand facing foes attempting to cleave downed teammates while you or your team is reviving them. If you are not getting focused hard you should try to keep it for situations where your team need to rez or stomp.
- Try to burn through all of your virtues before resorting to . RF is a great skill to use if you're being focused by the enemy team and you don't have any CDs left. Just keep in mind that this skill makes you lose capture point contribution for its duration.
- This is the defensive set of the build, but still has some hard hitting skills.
- The main source of burst damage here comes from . Note that the projectiles can be very unreliable in anything but melee range.
- has many uses: vertical mobility via teleportation, symbol for cleaving, or a combo field which can be used for AoE cleansing by executing a blast finisher in it.
- Use when you or an ally is about to be focused by the enemy, or if you're already pressured. It also applies boons in a cone, try to aim it at as many allies as possible.
- As mentioned above, is mainly a combo tool, but you can also use it for general CC (even neutralizing enemy points) or to defend against some ranged attacks. It forms a dome around you for a couple of seconds, blocking projectiles. You can choose to detonate the dome with its chain skill, which will cause a bit of AoE healing.
- High sustain specs are going to wear you down eventually
- Stealth Trapper DH - a more trap focused roaming build with lower sustain but higher burst damage.