Druid - Raid Vale Guardian
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This is a high damage glass cannon built specifically for Spirit Vale's final Vale Guardian.
A Druid build made for moderate party heal and high condition (specifically burning) damage. Good use of CC to control seekers while dealing out high DOT and fire fields to damage. This is a ranged build so it's possible to use it when you're on the green sizzle lightning team.
|First Weapon Set
||Second Weapon Set
This is a great crossover build. You deal high condition damage, CC Seekers, and it's ranged mostly so you can go for the green circle much of the time. That said, it's best to pick two when the vale guardian is in it's normal phase (Not split apart). I usually fill all three roles but it's a bit more tricky.
There is no damage augmentation other than fire fields with this build. Healing is moderate as the only time you'll need it is when you're being aggressed by seekers or the odd hit by the blue ball.
If your raid keeps the Vale Guardian in a single slice of the arena and immobile then you stand a good shot at switching between roles effectively.
Right from the beginning target (Ctrl+t) the Guardian (so you can switch back easy at range) and cast your torch 4 and axe 2. Use your pushback glyph to push the nearest seeker away from the guardian. Your tank should be pulling him to a pillar/wall farthest from the seekers and hold him there. The melee players and tank will dodge roll back into the wall to evade his teleports. When he's stationary walk nearby and cast torch 5, Switch to shortbow and cast shortbow 3. Then SB 1 & 2 until the next green circle wave completes. Save Shortbow 4 & 5, your glyphs, and entangle for Seeker control or final CC. Rinse and repeat.
I use the wolfs if we're having trouble with CC on the seekers and the fire wyvern and lynx for additional dmg. You may consider switching Wilderness Survival to Expertise Training for the con dmg. I find I have regen up a lot and it helps with the seeker damage a bit to have the 5% reduction traited as above. Either way remember to swap pets often for the poison dmg that generates.
A few additional notes:
- Swapping weapons when running for a green circle will give you swiftness. Also Shortbow 3.
- Attacking the Guardian from the side or behind will deal extra damage. Try to do that whenever possible.
- Dodge just before you heal. It will give you protection. When you're healed up you won't take as much damage so if you have more than one glyph off of cooldown use one to keep above 90% hp.
- Try not to use healing spring near the guardian to heal your melee guys. It will overlap fire and damage fields and could reduce damage. Better to use glyphs on them.
- Your shortbow will boon strip pretty effectively. Use it as much as you can on the Blue Guardians.