Engineer - Power DPS
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Variant of Holosmith - Power DPS. This build doesn't use any expansions and is available with the free version of the game. However it is strictly inferior to Holosmith - Power DPS and should only be used by players who don't have Path of Fire.
- for additional CC from the tool belt skill, or for soloing Thaumanova heat room with the heal.
- can be swapped out for any of the following:
- if quickness uptime is poor.
- for condition cleanse and better cleave with .
- if boon removal is needed.
- for mobility.
- for stealth on tool belt.
- if might uptime is low or you can’t stay over 75% health.
- in long fights without adds.
- if there are 2 or more condition DPS players who can benefit from the buff.
- for a stun break.
- for out-of-combat swiftness.
- if you need more dodges.
- instead of in night time dungeons/fractals.
- Specific enemy damage bonus Sigil in dungeons with one enemy type.
- for example for Arah.
- for encounters without breakbars.
Engineer has a lot of skills, the DPS rotation depends heavily on your alacrity uptime. Though the general idea of a good engineer rotation can be boiled down to using your highest damaging skills off cooldown.
- Use these skills whenever they recharge.
Use your bomb auto-attack to fill in the gaps:
As a a fight opener you can use:
- Swap to for additional movement speed if you know you wont be put into combat in the next 20 seconds.
- Use for additional movement.
- You can swap to a kit and back to rifle before the end of the leap to increase the leap distance slightly and to cancel the damage upon landing to avoid being put into combat.
- Swap to and use in reverse for additional movement.
- These skills will put you in combat if you hit enemies, which will negate any advantage from using them, so avoid using them when there's enemies close.
- Use in combination with blast finisher skills such as to stealth the group.
Once you Trigger certain Mob Groups while in Stealth they will follow you unless you "Path" them. This is done by standing Still until the Mobs reach you. For further information check out this:
- Use and swap to
- Place on top of the placed
- Move so you are standing inside and are aiming into the length of the line.
- Use and
- Use and cancel the leap.
- Place and
- Swap to shield and use , then swap back to rifle.
- Swap to
- Use the toolbelt skill and swap back to
- Use and again.
- You can pick the turret up for a 5 second cooldown reduction, or use
- When choosing to
- When choosing to
- reflects projectiles for a short duration and is nice for positioning mobs to your desire with a knockback.
- Use and to blind trash mobs.
Toolbelt skills have many intricacies to them as they can be used without the utility going on cooldown. This allows you to swap a utility in and out purely for its toolbelt skill:
- Elixir. Toss Elixir B at a location, granting stability and one of the following boons to allies: fury, might, retaliation, or swiftness.3Stability (4s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared, or taunted.