Difference between revisions of "Herald - Frontline Sustain"
|Line 39:||Line 39:|
Revision as of 17:55, 12 September 2019
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A power based Herald sustain build for WvW. Utilizes legend abilities to support the frontline with heavy boon application and damage mitigation.
Swap Glint (Dragon) out for Mallyx (Demon) to trade support boons, reveals, and damage for Resistance and boon strip.
- - Stability strip if running low boon corruption in group.
- - you lose protection on disable, but gain retaliation on dodge.
- - extra damage at the cost of significant loss of group support
- Swap out Devastation for Invocation for less group support and have similar personal damage with less precision gear needed due to
- Add more Soldier's or Wanderer's for extra survivability.
- Add more Diviner's or Commander's for more boon support.
- Add more Berserker's or Marauder's for more damage.
- Avoid spreads that do not contain Power as a primary attribute, such as Knight's or Cavalier's.
- Draining and Absorption combo well with .
- is your bread and butter damage skill, try to land it as often as possible.
- will only hit a maximum of 5 targets across all three pulses and increases in damage the further the pulse is from you. Try to hit with the second or third pulse rather than the first when possible.
- gives a 1.25s Evade frame and a Blast Finisher, be careful not to get caught behind your group while casting this skill.
- You can through traps and marks to activate them without taking any damage.
- has a long cast time, so try to predict where the enemies will go or use it on stationary targets like downed players that the enemy will move on to.
- is a blast finisher and also cleanses conditions.
- Avoid damage with .
- Use to disrupt players trying to finish/revive downs.
Glint (Legendary Dragon Stance)
- up time is very important, try to maintain your group's fury.
- is a stun break.
- 's chain effect converts all damage you take into healing for 3 seconds. This is a strong tool against condition pressure.
- can be used to move downed opponents out of banner range and interrupt rezes.
- has an obvious tell and is easy to dodge, stow weapons to cancel casting if its about to be evaded/blinded - this will save all the energy cost and only send the skill on a cd of 4 seconds. The same qualities make this skill perfect for fake casting by stowing weapon immediately after beginning to cast, baiting enemy dodges/blocks.
- When running to/from objectives, speed up your zerg with .
Mallyx (Legendary Demon Stance)
- Use to absorb conditions from your team and give resistance.
- Keep an eye on your parties conditions using Party View as opposed to Squad View. Save your energy until allies have conditions that need removal, rather than casting preemptively.
- breaks stuns and pays the energy cost at the start of the cast but only gives Resistance and pulls conditions at the end of the cast. Be careful to avoid interrupts.
- hits up to five targets in a line, try to save it to remove critical boons such as Stability and Resistance.
- Increase the healing of by first using to pull conditions to yourself.
Jalis (Legendary Dwarf Stance)
- Try to time to mitigate damage, don't simply use it as soon as you enter Dwarf stance.
- Try to have the buff up as engages begin, when an enemy player is being cleaved or a friendly player is being rezzed.
- does solid damage and gives pulsing Stability, try to place it in areas where allies and enemies will be clashing.
- is a lightning field, blast it to stack swiftness before moving out.
- Reliant on team for stability
- Skill usage is reliant on energy management
- Limited stun breaks
- Potential to be locked into the wrong stance at the wrong time
- YouTube: [LAYS] Aieone
- YouTube: [GS] Diviniya
- YouTube: [Ash] Reji
- YouTube: [vE] Panqun