Necromancer - Vanilla Condi Necro
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Condition Necromancer PvP build with heavy boon corruption made to teamfight. Usable by F2P players as well.
Viable utility options:
- - AoE boon corruption.
- - AoE projectile counter and anti-direct damage skill that also helps with killing bunkers with the Poison
- sacrifices group utility for a bit more pressure/sustain.
- trades some sustain for more pressure, assuming you get to spam 1 in shroud.
- for better combat mobility.
- provides better condition damage and sustain in general.
- Positioning: Necromancer sustain is far from great. Keep out of melee range whenever possible, and abuse spots which break teleport skills to make it harder to get to you. Don't stand on capture points unless you absolutely have to.
- All of your marks are unblockable and generate Life Force.
- Never spam your marks on the ground out of combat - they are easy to spot and a single dodge from the enemy can get rid of them. The only exception can be (because it's not a key skill and has a low CD), which you can freely place at an entrance or under yourself to potentially give away Stealthed enemy movement.
- Both weapon sets have one unblockable hard-CC skill: on Scepter/Warhorn and on Staff. Use them to interrupt skills such as a Warrior's .
- Tip: enemy players who block Staff skills can work against themselves. Long duration blocks such as Shield Stance give you more than enough time to land crucial staff skills like with little to no risk of being avoided as blocking players normally don't dodge.
- Entering Shroud triggers . If you're CC'd and Blinded you can enter shroud, the Blind will make this trait miss, but will allow you to safely land a . If the target has Stability you can do this the other way around, cast Doom while Blinded to get rid of it and land Weakening Shroud, applying Weakness and potentially turning the Stability into Fear.
- Entering near the end of the ready up phase at the beginning of a game (right before the final 10 second countdown starts) makes you start off with 15% Life Force. You can skip this when playing with .
- Most of the pressure comes from various sources of boon corruption and condition applications over time, this build isn't really about burst rotations (bar 1-2 combos).
- adds some direct damage burst to the build, this skill is great for finishing off opponents.
Shroud burst rotation (in melee range this doubles as a defensive rotation):
- to proc
- just before Dark Path reaches the target
- Blood Magic adds a small degree of team support to the build. The most notable benefit here is the improved rez potential.
- places a Well under target ally which not only revives downed players, but also heals everyone in range including yourself (and it's quite a significant bit of healing). However, if the Well gets placed while you're in shroud, you won't be healed at all!
- The build has above average condition cleansing by Necromancer standards.
- Both entering and exiting shroud removes conditions thanks to and .
- (SW) is great for preventing condition pressure from ramping up on you. Activating its chain skill which "ends" Spectral Walk does not stop the cleansing. This skill has many uses, for example:
- Activate SW ⇒ jump off a cliff while being chased ⇒ when your enemies jump after you.
- Activate SW ⇒ (if using Flesh Wurm) ⇒ teleport back when they catch up to you. This works for stomping downed enemies as well, the channeling isn't interrupted by either of these teleports!
- should be placed well before entering combat, preferably at a spot where your enemies can't reach it easily. Wurm provides you with an escape route and makes it easier to travel around the map in general. Last but not least, teleporting to the wurm with grants 10% life force, which means you could consider using the teleport before even leaving spawn at the start of a game in order to start off with enough LF for a activation.
- Even at maximum LF you may consider activating Spectral skills before entering death shroud. The added LF generation and sustain can prolong its duration significantly.
- is more of a last resort option that should only be used at or below ~50% HP and when other forms of cleansing/healing won't suffice.
- Twitch: Naru
- Core Condition Roamer - the WvW Roaming version of this sPvP build.