Ranger - Core Valkyrie
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A PvP Power Ranger build meant to win smaller skirmishes. Can be used by F2P players as well, albeit with weaker pets.
- over - if condition pressure isn't a problem.
Use for mobility.
If you're really desperate for some Template:Gw2wiki while roaming between capture points, consider using for the proc.
has many uses.
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness and guaranteed critical strike from through synergy.
- Defensively by keeping your pet swap ready in case you need to cleanse 2 conditions.
- Alternatively the Template:Gw2skill can help you escape damage or chase down targets while on Greatsword.
Pet swapping acts as a Blast finisher thanks to . Being instant, you can have Smokescale place a under you (even while you're stunned), and swap pets for AoE Template:Gw2wiki.
Template:Amulet/Valkyrie Amulet provides no additional crit chance, which means your sustained damage is going to be rather negligible. The build is all about small burst windows joined together by filler attacks.
There are 2 ways to obtain 100% crit chance for your next few attacks:
- Template:Gw2sigil procs when swapping weapons.
- Obtaining Template:Gw2wiki. With the combination of and , gaining Template:Gw2wiki refreshes and Opening Strike has a 100% crit chance.
Template:Gw2wiki sources in the build:
- Survival skills thanks to , including the instant cast .
- Every CC skill via - being the main one in the build.
- Pet swap also grants Fury.
Best skills to use while you have 100% crit chance:
- on Axe.
- on Greatsword.
recharges if it hits. Maul ⇒ Hilt Bash ⇒ Maul is the optimal burst sequence with 3 charges of Template:Gw2sigil, assuming you want to do the most damage in the least amount of time.
- Technically you could start off with or any other skill before the chain. Hilt Bash procs Opening Strikes and makes your next attack a guaranteed critical strike, so it's possible to chain 4 crits when combined with the sigil.
is the best filler skill in the build. It can be spammed from a safe distance, does decent damage and builds some Template:Gw2wiki stacks between two bursts.
Set your pets to avoid combat and manage them manually. This is especially important for Jacaranda, because the first attack it casts is an AoE lightning strike that does damage in set intervals. Ideally you want the pet to begin attacking once the target is immobilized from one of your skills to get maximum value out of it.
Dodging applies Template:Gw2wiki, which also heals thanks to the trait .
Survival skills cure 2 conditions and grant Template:Gw2wiki. cleanses 4, because it triggers another Survival skill from .
is both a defensive and offensive skills. You can either root enemies into your bursts or stop them from chasing you. The condi cleanse from trait synergy can also be useful.
Swapping weapons cleanses 1 condition from Template:Gw2sigil.
Both sets have means of avoiding damage:
- on GS.
- on Axe/Dagger.
- Twitch: ROM
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade