Ranger - Core Valkyrie
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A PvP Power Ranger build meant to win smaller skirmishes. Can be used by F2P players as well, albeit with weaker pets.
- Use for mobility.
- If you're really desperate for some Swiftness while roaming between capture points, consider using for the proc.
- has many uses.
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness and guaranteed critical strike from through synergy.
- Defensively by keeping your pet swap ready in case you need to cleanse 2 conditions.
- Alternatively the Superspeed can help you escape damage or chase down targets while on Greatsword.
- Pet swapping acts as a Blast finisher thanks to . Being instant, you can have Smokescale place a under you (even while you're stunned), and swap pets for AoE Stealth.
- There are 2 ways to obtain 100% crit chance for your next few attacks:
- Obtaining from procs (empowered by ). Whenever you gain Fury from a new source, your next attack is going to be a critical strike. Every Survival skill grants Fury, 2 instant applications in the build are and .
- Best skills to use while you have 100% crit chance:
- on Axe.
- on Greatsword.
- recharges if it hits. Maul ⇒ Hilt Bash ⇒ Maul is the optimal burst sequence with 3 charges of
- Technically you could start off with or any other skill before the chain. Hilt Bash procs Opening Strikes and makes your next attack a guaranteed critical strike, so it's possible to chain 4 crits when combined with the sigil.
- is the best filler skill in the build. It can be spammed from a safe distance, does decent damage and builds some Might stacks between two bursts.
- Set your pets to avoid combat and manage them manually. This is especially important for Jacaranda, because the first attack it casts is an AoE lightning strike that does damage in set intervals. Ideally you want the pet to begin attacking once the target is immobilized from one of your skills to get maximum value out of it.
- Dodging applies Protection, which also heals thanks to the trait .
- Survival skills cure 2 conditions and grant Fury. cleanses 4, because it triggers another Survival skill from .
- procs 4 seconds of Resistance from which makes your elite the best skill to deal with conditions. The procs goes off before the roots connect, so they won't miss even if you're Blinded.
- Entangle is both a defensive and offensive skills. You can either root enemies into your bursts or stop them from chasing you.
- Swapping weapons cleanses 1 condition from
- Both sets have means of avoiding damage:
- on GS.
- on Axe/Dagger.