Difference between revisions of "Scrapper - Med Kit Scrapper"
Latest revision as of 04:24, 18 July 2019
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A support Scrapper build for WvW that provides excellent sustained healing and condition cleanse to your group while bringing unique utilities and great access to AoE Superspeed.
- AoE CC, might share and a blast finisher. Stunbreak and AoE superspeed on toolbelt.
- if additional smoke field is needed.
- AoE CC. Stunbreak and self superspeed on toolbelt.
- access to AoE stealth and a personal invuln.
- provides a stunbreak and Stability. Stunbreak and AoE superspeed on toolbelt.
- for extra group Stability and basic boons on toolbelt.
- Ranged water, light and ice fields, and a blast finisher on toolbelt.
- AoE CC. Strong AoE cleanse and heal on toolbelt.
- If a bit more sustain is required, however keep focusing on cleansing your conditions instead of relying on the damage reduction of this trait.
- Giver's can be an easier stat to obtain over Minstrel's but loses effective health.
- Highest healing at the cost of boon and condition cleanse support.
- good option for GvG or small fights.
- decent option if looking for superspeed uptime.
- Defensive option with boon duration.
- Oysters with Pesto Sauce Defensive option with healing power.
- boon duration option.
- Under General Options / User Interface check "Always show squad health bars" and "Always show party health bars". These will make it much easier to keep track of who needs your support. "Thick squad health bars" and "Thick party health bars" are up to personal preference.
- Under "Squad Options" uncheck "View as a grid". This will allow you to keep track of your allies' boons, conditions and health, enabling a better decision-making and skill management.
- You can freely swap between your skill sets (Hammer//). Avoid downtime!
- is where you will spend most of your time usingfor a continuous AoE healing.
- Outside of Med Kit, a great portion of your healing comes from , which coupled with your traits and several outgoing healing modifiers (from sigils and consumables), provides enormous and constant ticking heals to allies.
- ,andalong with6th effect, are key skills since all conditions you cleanse turn into boons through.
- Superspeed doesn't stack duration and new application will remove the old one even if it is longer duration. Therefore, try to not overlap gyros unless it is necessary. Also blasts finishers on lightning fields will also provide AoE Superspeed, besides the gyro's final pulse, enabling more access to superspeed.
All Gyro skills provide AoE Superspeed, keeping group mobility high and averting slowing conditions. Bear in mind that the superspeed proc isn't immediate. Timing the gyros' usage to proc the superspeed at the right moment is important.
- use it to double rez by activating it from a distance and then helping out manually. It also procs.
- Function Gyro is activated by the same key as general interaction/rez/stomp (F by default) and you must target a downed ally or enemy for the option to show up. It is the only gyro that can be destroyed by enemies.
- use to quickly remove conditions and apply AoE superspeed.
- applies Poison and should be used on downed enemies whenever possible to reduce the heal they receive.
- provides a lightning field and 4 seconds of a strong damage reduction for allies, which redirects some of the damage (approximately 35%) to the caster while providing Barrier to him. In severe spikes, it can be dangerous to the Scrapper.
- is one of your strongest defensive cooldowns, providing 3 stacks of Stability and an anti-projectile dome. Use it to disrupt projectile pressure and to fill stability gaps on allies.
- is a very strong skill if coordinated with your group for stealth engages. Also convenient to safely stomp enemies and ressurect allies.
- is your bread and butter healing skill. When paired with Quickness fromit brings an even greater healing pressure.
- andgrant a substantial healing burst.
- For Bandage Blast, the closer you are to an isolated ally, more bandages can hit him, providing an even stronger healing.
- grants a 300-radius water field which cleanses conditions every pulse. Use it to soften incoming condition pressure from scourge's shades for example.
- abuse the 900-range, place it on spots that your group will be. Also throw it on light, water or lightning fields to benefit from the combo finisher. Synergizes with.
- besides healing the caster, it cleanses, grants Protection and heals nearby allies as well. Can be used to provide a burst heal for allies, but should be saved for personal use.
- Bandage Self usage triggers every healing skill related trait, usage doesn't.
- Bandage Self usage triggers every healing skill related trait,
- cleanses conditions on allies only (not on the caster) every pulse. Similar to Firebrand's mantras, it works as a 450-range conal ability, therefore try to position yourself a little behind to maximize the number of affected allies. Usable to go through shade bombs and sustain during heavy enemy engages.
- should be casted off cooldown on spots that your allies will be for more sustain and whenever minor condition clear is needed.
- is a stunbreak and should only be used for that purpose.
- use it whenever a blast finisher is needed. Synergizes with.
- You can use your weapon swap key just after casting to cancel the leap backwards while staying in Elixir Gun.
- For mobility, you can also "About Face" ⇒ ⇒ "About Face".
- You can use your weapon swap key just after casting
You should avoid staying in hammer as dealing damage isn't your role, but each of the hammer skills is situationally useful
- use it to catch out targets that don't have stability.
- Try to use it on foes stuck inside or pulled byto chain CC then.
- Seeing that it has a relatively long cast time/animation, you can "Stow Weapon" to cancel it if you notice it won't connect.
- Since it's a lightning field, can also be used to leap/blast it to proc AoE Superspeed.
- Try to use it on foes stuck inside
- is a personal block and defensive cooldown, and can also be used for body blocking. Save it for panic situations where none defensive cooldowns are avaliable.
- gap closer skill useful to engage or retreat while evading damage. Provides 2 leap finishers.
- You can cancel the aftercast of Rocket Charge by swapping to a kit and going back to the Hammer (drop the kit with the weapon swap key). Very helpful in situations where you want to leap on a lightning field only once (to proc the trait) without being stuck on the animation for like 3 seconds or landing on a dangerous spot.
- reflects projectiles and should be used to body block projectiles for allies. It's also a whirl finisher, meaning it can be used on top of light fields for minor condition cleanse for example.
- High spike damage
Example play by [Ez] (outdated)