Scrapper - Quickness Support Power DPS
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
This build fills the role of quickness source for your subgroup, and while it can generate some Protection with it offers no other boons. This means that unlike firebrand, it does not provide Fury to its subgroup, neither can it provide Aegis or pulls for adds.
Quickness Scrapper's real strength lies in , which allows it to tank without investing in extra survivability, maximising damage on encounters that would otherwise force the tank to gear more defensively. Further, the majority of its Quickness is applied in a 360 radius rather than the 240 radius of some chronomancer builds, or the cone of firebrand. This makes it more reliable in groups that stack poorly, but also means that it cannot fulfil kiting roles.
- could be used to replace either or if the groups needs Stability or damage reduction. This is a significant DPS loss whichever skill is replaced; is a bigger DPS loss, but will allow you to benefit from the extra Quickness generation if it is otherwise lacking. Be aware that can rapidly down you if your teammates are taking too much damage.
- could also be taken for a potent condi cleanse, but with the same caveats as above.
- will provide Stealth to five targets, which can be very potent in the right situation. Avoid using it in general, however, as Stealth can interrupt players attacks and it interferes with deadeye rotations that rely on Stealthing only at the correct time.
- will be a group DPS increase if there are two or more condi DPS in your subgroup.
- This is only a suggested gear setup, intended to maximise boon duration and damage. If you find yourself wanting more or less boon duration, you can change the hammer to Diviner and switch one or more of the armour pieces to Berserker.
- You could also switch the for a or use food such as .
- In fractals, you might be able to get by in full Berserker gear if you have the correct mastery and enough AR.
- Use , , , and off cooldown for Quickness.
- Use off cooldown for Protection.
- You have enough boon duration that you can very slightly delay your gyro skills if necessary. In particular you might want to use to revive someone, or delay for a defiance bar or to avoid knocking adds away. You shouldn't delay for more than a few seconds though or your Quickness uptime will suffer!
- If tanking, the sustain from depends on attacking, so don't slack on your DPS.
- Hammer is an overloaded weapon in terms of utility: reflects projectiles, is a series of short evades, is a channeled block, and is an AoE stun. Making the best use of all of them will greatly improve your effectiveness.
- Use off cooldown.
- Most of your damage comes from and . They have a very similar cooldown so you can "link" them together - every time you use , jump into and use .
- Every third time you do this, you can also use .
- Most of the rest of the time you fill with hammer autos.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade