Spellbreaker - DPS Spellbreaker
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Spellbreaker combines high personal damage, good personal survivability and extreme boonrip.
First Weapon Set
- strong against condition pressure
This choice is up to personal preference; Dolyak gives more more stability and bonus toughness until used, but is weaker against boon removal.
- Use as much Marauder's gear as you need to survive, fill in other slots with Berserker's
- Once in full Berserker's, Assassin's may be used in some slots for a very small DPS increase, the amount of Assassin's to use will depend on your average might uptime so make use of an Effective Power calculator.
- Superior Rune of the Pack(1): +25 Power (2): +10% Swiftness Duration (3): +50 Power (4): 25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies might, fury, and swiftness for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 20s) (5): +100 Power (6): +125 Precision; +20% Swiftness Duration
- Superior Rune of Durability(1): +25 Toughness (2): +5% Boon Duration (3): +50 Toughness (4): 25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies protection and regeneration for 3 seconds and resistance for 1 second. (Cooldown: 20 seconds) (5): +100 Toughness (6): +15% Boon Duration; +125 Vitality
- Coordinate with your team to lock down and kill enemies stuck inside.
- provides 5 adrenaline, half of what is needed for a Primal Burst skill. Swap often to maximize DPS.
- removes Immobilize when using a movement skill - list of movement skills in the build:
- Greatsword: and
- Use your utilities conservatively, once out of cooldowns you become a very easy target.
- and should be used as stunbreaks and not preemptively unless absolutely necessary.
- Be mindful of your opponent's dodges and boons: look out for Aegis and Stability when attempting to CC. Count their dodges, too; if you see an opponent dodge twice in a row with no stability it is time to unload.
- If you go to your keybinding options, you can assign a "Stow Weapon" key. If you press your stow weapon key during a long weapon animation (i.e., Hammer 4, 5 and Winds of Disenchantment) you can cancel the cast and put it on a 3 second cooldown instead of the full duration. This is excellent for baiting dodges from your enemies, as well as cancelling skills you know won't connect.
- Use downed or CCed enemies as a setup for . Cleaving on friendly downs to protect teammates rezzing is also useful.
- Try to use your burst skills before for maximum DPS and also to refill adrenaline.
- deals substantial damage and should not be used only for its mobility.
- Use and on friendly and enemy downs to disrupt rezzes and stomps.
- is a Blast Finishers, try to land it on allied Combo Fields.