Spellbreaker - Strength Dagger
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Viable choices for the optional slot:
- Frenzy - a skill that's more versatile than it looks. Can be used defensively for the stun break and 24px Might Makes Right synergy, or offensively for the boons.
- Break Enchantments - unblockable boon removal on low cooldown to counter bunker builds.
Elite specialization basics
- Full Counter (FC) recharges your Burst skills Arcing Slice and 24px Breaching Strike. Always try to use it when you can refresh their duration, except if you're under heavy pressure in which case you can use FC purely for defensive means.
- Always try to make sure Full Counter goes off: briefly move into hostile AoE spells, tank Mesmer clones or Ranger pets, etc.
- FC is both the best defensive and offensive skill in the build as it blocks, evades, grants Stability / Protection, and performs an unblockable AoE damage/CC attack when triggered.
- Both burst skills and Full Counter cost adrenaline. If you only need a little more till you can use them then Versatile Rage can get you there.
- Settings: disable auto targeting, otherwise it'd be impossible to use skills like Rush for disengaging.
- Playstyle: this build is all about weaving hard hitting skills into chains of block and evade frames while tethering yourself to the target with Magebane Tether as often as possible. The combos aren't set in stone, rather you'll need to adapt based on what CDs are available. Minimize melee contact, dodge/block/evade as many things as possible, and spike targets when an opening shows.
- Any burst skill can proc Magebane Tether, including Full Counter.
- The goal is to maintain the tether as long as possible for the damage boost and 24px Might Makes Right synergy.
- Whirlwind Attack, Arcing Slice, and 24px Breaching Strike are your main damaging skills, everything else is basically a filler or something that's used to set up burst / survive enemy burst.
- Fast Hands reduces the CD of weapon swapping to 5 seconds, which keeps gameplay rather fast paced with minimal downtime. As a result you won't be auto attacking much unless you're cleaving a downed enemy.
- CCing a target removes a boon and deals damage/grants adrenaline via Loss Aversion.
- Hold on to Healing Signet as long as possible, but don't hesitate to use it for the Resistance when you're under heavy condition pressure. Boon removal however is rather dangerous as it gets rid of the Resistance which means you sacrificed your heal for nothing, so against specs like Scourges it's advised to disengage or use some blocks to make sure that it stays on and you get to live.
- All movement skills remove the Immobilized condition - list of movement skills in the build:
- Greatsword: Whirlwind Attack and Rush. These two skills also provide excellent mobility both in and out of combat.
- Dagger/Shield: 24px Aura Slicer, Shield Bash, and the burst skill 24px Breaching Strike. The Dagger skills are also excellent gap closers.
- Rampage: Kick, 24px Dash, and Seismic Leap.
- Utility: Bull's Charge
Conditon cleansing & general survival
- Brawler's Recovery and Warrior's Sprint will be used to manage condition levels before resorting to mass cleanses.
- "Shake It Off!" (SIO) is the only stun break in the build, and one that comes with AoE condition removal. This skill has 2 charges: if you're under heavy condition pressure and the aforementioned 2 traits aren't enough, you're free to use one of the charges.
- Kite, a LOT. You want to run out of harm's way using mobility skills as much as possible before resorting to major defensive CDs.
- Bull's Charge is great if you want to run away from pressure as it can build quite the gap while providing an evade frame.
- Frenzy breaks stun and refills some endurance in addition to a bit of healing thanks to 24px Might Makes Right.
- Rampage is what you use when you quickly want to burst/CC a target, or desperately need mobility to either chase down someone, or run away from a fight. Bonus points if you manage to attach Magebane Tether just before using your elite.
- Healing Signet doesn't heal while Rampage is active. Therefore you should consider using HS for the Resistance before entering Rampage, which can be quite beneficial as most Rampage skills have long cast times and effects such as Blind can easily shut it down.
- Example of a Rampage burst rotation: Throw Boulder ⇒ 24px Dash ⇒ Kick ⇒ Seismic Leap ⇒ 24px Smash
- Using Frenzy before Rampage can enhance your burst significantly.