Spellbreaker - Strength Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A variant of Warrior - Strength Greatsword for players with the Path of Fire expansion. This variant sacrifices some sustain, but gains access to higher damage, boon removal, and .
- If you don't need , offhand Mace can be used instead of Shield for more damage.
- If you don't need the crowd control or defensive skills from Mace/Shield, you can use main hand or offhand Axes in your second weapon slot.
- Use a Rifle if you need to range something.
- Healing Skills
- - if you aren't taking much damage.
- - a big heal that also maxes out your adrenaline.
- Utility Skills
- - if you have the Optimal gear set with Strength runes and don't need the might and fury from
- - better than if you're going to be fighting in the same spot for a while.
- - more dodges.
- - alternative to if you don't need a stun break.
- - alternative to if you're taking a lot of damage.
- - alternative to if conditions are a problem.
- - panic button.
- Elite Skills
- - longer duration of boons than but also a longer cooldown.
- - grants stability, mobility, and crowd control.
- - if there are boons to remove or projectiles to destroy.
- - if you don't need healing you can take this for a large damage increase.
- - if running .
- - if running rifle.
- - if running axe.
- - if there are boons to remove.
- If there are nearby players, you can run Tactics instead of Discipline to grant them a lot of increased damage with and . If you do this, it's also worth running and .
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Warrior - Power Bannerslave and Spellbreaker - Power DPS builds for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- If running Axes, you should use axes with the same stats and sigils as your greatsword.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- This build has 100% crit chance with fury and with traited. If you have different precision from food, skills, or traits, adjust your gear accordingly.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- For a tankier option you can run full Marauder's stats. You lose about 10% damage but your health is increased by 6000 (25k up from 19k).
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- Greatsword is your main weapon. Just and burst as often as possible, filling with autoattack chains as needed.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain.
- Remember that roots you in place, don't use it if you need to move or dodge soon.
- deals good damage if you need to move or you can whirl into a wall.
- is worth using over autoattacking (as long as the projectile isn't eaten by a wall).
- is worth using as a gap closer.
- Activate and off cooldown for boons.
- When possible, use or before your burst damage to get the bonuses from and .
- Try to enemies into walls so they stay in place and you don't have to chase them around.
- If running the dual axe variant, you should constantly swap between Axe/Axe and Greatsword to use their damaging skills. While on Axe/Axe, you should prioritize > > .
- is a really powerful defensive skill, try to use it instead of dodging whenever possible.
- Note that reduces the damage of attacks to 0 rather than actually blocking them. This is relevant if you’re trying not to get hit by an attack (e.g. for specific achievements).
- You can swap to Mace/Shield to block attacks and stun enemies.
- can be used to evade attacks and reposition.
- You can slot , , or for more damage mitigation.
- You can use to destroy projectiles.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of (except when baiting ).
- You get quite a lot of sustained healing from .
- You can cleanse conditions by weapon swapping or using . For more condition-heavy fights you can run .