Tempest - Fresh Air
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Strike damage
Fresh Air Tempest is a power-based tempest build that excels in doing AoE damage by spamming over and over thanks to . Through several traits, it also provides AoE Auras to support itself and nearby allies.
- Scepter is recommended because this build spends a lot of time casting , and scepter's Air skills have no casting time so they can be casted during that channel.
- Dagger (mainhand) - more mobility, less blast finishers, less range, AoE auto attack in Air.
- Staff - more AoE, lower dps, higher range.
is a great burst heal.
- - the strongest heal if there are enemies in range, plus a blast finisher, but underperforms if there are no nearby enemies.
- - passive sustain.
- - good AoE heal and also cleanses 1 condition.
- - removes up to 8 conditions but has a long channeling time.
is only here for the precision buff, so never cast it. If you already have 100% crit chance, equip a different skill.
has low cd, decent dmg, and provides Fire Aura for great synergy with the rest of the build.
is your stun break, and also blocks 3 attacks. It has a long cooldown, if more frenquent stun breaks are preferred over the block, try or .
- - cast it on Fire for damage, on Earth for defense, and on Water for an excellent middle ground between defense and offense. Don't use it on Air.
- - AoE damage over time.
- - area Frost Aura for more boons and damage reduction, and to chill enemies.
- - area Magnetic Aura for more boons and projectile reflection, and to impair enemies.
- - for mobility.
- - good to fill spaces between cooldowns. Use (skill 4) and auto attacks, and drop it.
- strong single target burst damage, but quickly falls off.
- strong AoE burst damage, but quickly falls off.
- cast it on Fire for damage, on Earth for defense, on Water for an excellent middle ground between defense and offense and healing, or on Air for a Stun.
- - more damage and great burst with skills 4 and 5.
- - great against certain enemies with oneshot attacks.
- - if there are no nearby allies for to share any aura.
- - if nearby allies are already providing fury.
- - AoE stunbreak but less auras. Auras are quite good in this build, so only use this when absolutely necessary.
Arcane can replace Water. It offers less damage and less sustain, but makes the build more forgiving through boons and an emergency shield.
- very little sustain, but gives up on Vigor which synergyses with .
- casts a spell when dodging:
- Dodging in fire burns nearby foes.
- Dodging in water heals and removes 1 condi.
- Dodging in air blinds trash mobs.
- Dodging in earth cripples and bleeds foes, and does a blast finisher.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats. This set uses the same gear as its raid counterpart for ease of gearing and is useful for general PVE.
- This setup relies on and to reach 99,99% critical chance
- - cheap alternative.
- - less damage, more boons.
- Marauder} - can be mixed with other sets to increase defense.
- , - defense.
- , - defensive sigils.
If you can afford the luxury of a gear set tailored for open world and want more defense, use the following gear.
- This gear set has about 54% more health and reaches 100% crit chance without food and without , freeing up that utility slot for another skill.
- For ease of gearing at a very minor dps loss, you can just use full Marauder.
Prioritize ascended food over everything else; steak (power) and flatbread (conditions). Using cheap/budget food is perfectly acceptable in open world.
and offer the highest damage when solo, and have good budget options in + . Run against trash for a very high damage buff.
for more dodges, for sustain against trash.
Run and (or its other variants) when trying to maximize gold per hour.
resets the cooldown of every time you crit while attuned to a different attunement. This includes resetting the cooldown of . Thus, the build just keeps spamming Overload Air, continually triggering , the extra ferocity from Fresh Air, and the extra damage from . Never delay Overload Air.
The build is extremely simple and revolves around spamming while filling the gaps with weapon and utility skills.
In Fire, use + + for blast finishers in the fire field.
In Water, use .
In Air, use . Spam off cooldown. can be used for damage if CC is not needed.
In Earth, use . Consider casting for free extra toughness.
In Fire, use + + (you can leave Fire during the casting of Drake's Breath).
In water, use preferably inside a fire field.
In Air, use and . Air also has the strongest auto attack.
In Earth, use , , .
In Fire, use + + (you can leave Fire during the casting of Meter Shower). evades and distances you from your enemy.
In water, use for its blast finisher. Cast Ice Spike first, then the combo field. Use it with or for AoE heal. Use it with for AoE Frost Aura. Remember Healing Rain cleanses conditions.
In Air, use then auto attack until your can Overload.
In Earth, use and . Remember Eruption is a blast finisher.
If taking , use it right as you attune to Air. Cast and then Overload Air. If using scepter, drop the greatsword to cast ; if using dagger or staff, keep the greatsword until the chanelling finishes and drop it when leaving Air to benefit longer from the extra power.
- The best defense is always to dodge or sidestep attacks. You have permanent swiftness so you can run around enemies while they die to your AoEs.
- , used in , creates a tanky elemental that can help take pressure off you.
- blocks 3 attacks.
- Starting an overload gives you stability thanks to .
- Attuning to Water gives some healing from and .
- heals a bit.
- You can create a water field with and then blast it with or for area healing.
- cleanses a condition.
- You can run against enemies with several conditions.
- , used in , creates an elemental with strong healing and condition cleanse on a short cooldown.
- in Water gives you regeneration.
- If you need healing really badly, you can run away and .
- ⇒ (dagger only)
- (from Ice Elemental)
- (from Air Elemental)
- (staff only)
- and (staff only, only work if an enemy walks crossed the edge of the skill, has no effect on targets that don't cross it.)
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade