Tempest - Midline Auramancer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Auramancer provides high survivability and team support through auras and group healing.
Brings a powerful "ground game" of combo fields and area CC, but in exchange for a large decrease in personal defensive skills, largely from the Focus. Strong option for large scale open field, weaker in GvG/small scale.
- Arcane Power For Elemental Surge Arcane variant.
- Armor of Earth Versatile personal stability
- "Eye of the Storm!" Team support defensive option.
- Mist Form Personal defensive option with utility for rez/stomping.
- "Aftershock!" for Cleansing Water builds.
- Stone Heart If you find yourself having issues being focused.
- Stop, Drop, and Roll Optimal in GvG. Lose slight healing and frost aura uptime to gain AoE cleanse for Burn/Chill on a 10s CD.
- Soothing Disruption Additional personal survivability at the cost of group utility.
- Aquamancer's Training For staff variant.
- Cleansing Water for extra condition hate.
- Soothing Power Highest over time heals per second at the loss of burst healing
- Add Nomad's for more personal defense, Cleric's or Magi's for more healing power and Celestial or Crusader's for an offensive set.
- Be aware of boon duration if swapping runes.
- Superior Rune of Durability(1): +25 Toughness (2): +5% Boon Duration (3): +50 Toughness (4): 25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies protection and regeneration for 3 seconds and resistance for 1 second. (Cooldown: 20 seconds) (5): +100 Toughness (6): +15% Boon Duration; +125 Vitality
- Try to avoid putting yourself in situations where you will need to swap attunement without overloading. Unstable Conduit accounts for a significant part of your healing output.
- If you are alone and have to run somewhere, you can stack permanent swiftness: overload an attunement and immediately switch to another one to gain Speedy Conduit effect. Repeat this with every attunement. If using a staff, when on Air also use Windborne Speed.
- The best use of "Rebound!" is when it avoids fatal damage and heals you. Use it when you anticipate significant incoming damage on you or an ally.
- "Wash the Pain Away!" Is a very powerful AoE heal for yourself and allies. Try to coordinate it with your allies so they receive each pulse of the channel to maximize the healing. The first pulse heals the most but has the smallest radius, while the other two pulses have a lower healing value but larger radius.
- Your auras do not stack in duration, try to avoid overlapping the same aura unless it is absolutely necessary for healing.
- Pay particular attention to "Rebound!" in this respect.
- You can secure stomps by activating Obsidian Flesh or Mist Form
- Magnetic Leap is a leap finisher and will give an aura if used in a fire, light or ice field.
- Your blast finishers are: Frozen Burst, Comet (Aim camera directly down without a target selected to drop Comet on yourself), Magnetic Wave and Sand Squall
- Blast finishers can be used on Ice fields to give an aura in an AoE.
- You can blast your own water fields with Eruption by either casting Eruption first then quickly swapping to water and using either Geyser or Healing Rain before it goes off or by casting Healing Rain then immediately swapping to water and using Eruption on it.
- Meteor Shower has a long cast time and by the end of it you can find yourself out of position or focused by enemies. You can avoid this in two ways:
- Unsteady Ground's direction is based on your where your character is looking. Turn briefly while casting the skill to aim it and effectevily blocking the passage. Gfycat: See GYF for explaination
- Shocking Aura: Dagger 3 ( Shocking Aura).
- Frost Aura: Elemental Bastion, Soothing Ice and "Flash-Freeze!", Magnetic Leap through Ice fields and Blast Finishers on Ice fields (AoE).
- Fire Shield: "Feel the Burn!", focus 5 ( Fire Shield) and Magnetic Leap through Fire fields.
- Magnetic Aura: Staff 3 ( Magnetic Aura, warhorn 4 ( Sand Squall - AoE).
- Any elemental aura: "Rebound!" will give the aura corresponding to the attunement you are in when the buff expires, Unstable Conduit does the same when you finish the overload of an attunement.
- Light Aura: Magnetic Leap through Light fields.
Counters and Weaknesses
- Heavily reliant on group support for stability
- Minimal condition clear, mitigated with variant traits and/or
- YouTube: [vR] Crann
- YouTube: Ash GvG and WvW
- YouTube: [GS] Trembles
- YouTube: [GS] Miss Major