Warrior - Core Celestial Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A core Warrior WvW Roaming build with decent damage and incredible sustain, focusing on hybrid damage with Celestial stats. Can be played solo, but excels in group scenarios where it can make full use of and .
- can be considered for the Defense variant or if you're roaming in a group where someone else might be able to help you out with cleanses.
- over Bull's Charge, tech choice vs thieves or when you want to support your allies with more instant heals.
- is an option if you are roaming in a group of 3 or more. Any less and rampage becomes the better option for it's versatility.
- can be taken if you do not need rampage for stomping or escaping, or if you take Defense traitline over Strength. Supplements adrenaline generation and can be used in emergencies to recover 40 endurance and heal via and .
- Sword over Axe - more focus on conditions and mobility.
When running the Defense variant:
- over Bull's Charge. Offers 5 stacks of stability with 8 seconds of duration, 5s of superspeed, 4.75 seconds of quickness with banner trait, and will slowly build resistance when standing in the radius, all on a 30 second cooldown. With banner trait, gives almost 100% uptime on resistance assuming you're in the circle for the banner boon application ticks.
- adds more damage to the build via passive Might stacking without sacrificing much healing (as Might stacking is also a source of healing). Your sustain overall is going to be a bit weaker though.
Defense variant, trades dodge economy for superior condition cleanse and weakness spam. Full bunker.
- - offers much better defense against conditions.
- - more tanky option.
- - great stats that fit Celestial builds perfectly while also providing 10% damage reduction.
- - a very strong defensive option which improves your already great endurance regen. Even has synergy with Might related traits and the Strength line.
- Budget version: - much cheaper and more than fine.
- Playstyle: despite having a longbow, this is very much a melee build. Try sticking to targets to deliver maximum damage, or snare and briefly outrange them while conditions are ticking away.
- Swap weapons roughly every 5 seconds, use this time to rotate through weapon skills as fast as possible.
- If possible, dodge into enemies to damage them with and generate Might. This is especially useful if you're Blinded as the damage of the dodge will miss, consuming the condition and allowing you to immediately follow up with something.
- is a cone attack which means it's best used in point-blank range where all 3 arrows are guaranteed to hit the target.
- Swapping to bow procs and . The Geomancy proc itself strikes foes around you, which is an instant trigger for the Doom sigil, meaning that a weapon swap (even in the middle of your dodge) is an instant source of 3 Bleeding and 3 Poison procs. Following up with a in point-blank range adds 3 Burning to the mix. This is a great way of putting pressure on a target in no time.
- Consider throwing in a and or even an for even more condition pressure and variety before swapping to longbow.
- hits hard with power damage and is a blast finisher, but is hard to land from range unless the target is CC'd. It's yet another longbow skill best used in melee range or close to it.
- is strong for its Immobilize, but is slow and hard to land with a long windup, making it easy to dodge. As such, try and use this skill after baiting out some dodges. This skill can be stowed in order to cancel the attack but still have the windup, potentially baiting out dodges - but only do this if you know it will generate value or you the your opponent already dodging.
- Burst skills:
- works both as a damage source and a combo field. Its damage is easy to avoid, but you can make it more costly for others to engage you in melee range if you drop this beneath your feet, whch is quite useful even in situations when you're expecting others to open on you from Stealth. As for combos, stacks Might for extra damage and healing, is a guaranteed projectile finisher which allows you to apply Burning from range, while swapping to Axe and using inside the field grants you Fire Aura (to mention a few). Higher adrenaline makes the field last longer, but it's already hard to get enemies to stay inside it most of the time so building adrenaline for it is not a priority.
- is one of your hardest hitting abilities and combo tools. Here adrenaline matters more but don't stress it, even the 1 adrenaline bar version is a great combo tool for longer burst chains. Try to use this skill right after weapon swapping to benefit from .
- You gain 15 endurance via if a burst skill hits.
- gives you 100% crit chance for a couple of seconds everytime you swap to axe. Just about every skill on this weapon hits hard but try to prioritize and in this window.
- You could squeeze more value out of this skill by firing an and swapping weapons before it lands. This will make CS crit.
- has 3 main functions: finishing move against low-HP targets, a tool for ranged poking that snares enemies, and it's also a potential trigger for the Immob from the trait. Immob from Leg Specialist makes this great at setting up other skills such as Eviscerate, Bull's Charge, or even a ranged Impale which would otherwise be easy to dodge.
- is versatile in its usage. The pulsing Cripple and Torment are difficult to cleanse, making this skill excellent at applying cover conditions to enemies while keeping them snared.
- The chain skill is difficult to connect without a knockdown or immobilize, but it's still worth going for right before Impale's about to fall off as Rip does a lot of damage and even stacks Might.
- applies a lot of stacks of bleeding if the counter hits, and is a high priority skill for the build's condition damage pressure. Can be used on reaction to enemy single hit crowd control skills to avoid the CC and counter. This skill will only block 1 hit within 130 range of the target, but outside of that range it will continue blocking until the block ends. This makes it an excellent tool for kiting to terrain against enemies with ranged pressure.
- can be your make or break skill during duels or downing an opponent. Try to use it at the end of a player's dodge or stability to make it even harder to dodge, and make the most out of it. Alternatively, this can be used defensively for the evasion and mobility to avoid damage, disengage from a fight, or reach favourable terrain.
Vision proc combo in melee range or slightly outside melee
- should be fired slightly past melee range but still in a way that the target is inside the AoE. The goal is to give this a small arc, just long enough to allow for weapon swapping to happen before the projectile lands. We need this to hit while the Vision proc is active.
- Weapon swap for Vision proc
- for an Immob proc from Leg Specialist (and big damage against low HP targets). With a little luck the target will be rooted, unable to dodge your next skill.
Longbow sigil proc combo
- for Immob
- while the Immob is holding the target in place
- Weapon swap for Geo/Doom proc
- in point-blank range
- and causes Might applications to heal you and grant a tiny bit of endurance.
- Add to the mix and basically turns into a healing skill with 2 charges.
- and will be used to manage condition levels before resorting to mass cleanses.
- should almost always be used whenever it's available as long as you're missing more than 7k health, but if you're facing a condition build and all of your cleanses are on CD then you might want to hold onto it for a bit so you don't get caught offguard with a condi burst. The 5 cleanses make this your best skill against conditions.
- is another source of passive cleansing and healing, potentially even a stun break.
- (SIO) is the only on-demand stun break in the build. This skill also affects nearby allies and can be used to support them if you can afford it.
- is used to upkeep both permanent Fury and high stacks of Might, while also serving as a healing skill that regenerates both health and endurance.
- is an excellent defensive skill that can block way more than just one attack as long as you're not facing the target or you're outside melee range.
- (when used without a target) is a useful tool for disengaging and putting some distance between you and your enemies in case you're low on health and need to wait for defensive CDs.
- , Bull's Charge, and several Rampage skills have synergy, freeing you from Immob.
- is primarily used for stomping, disengaging, or securing a kill. Can also be used for more CC to stop stomps if needed.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium