Warrior - Strength Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Warrior build for running around in open world. This build is extremely durable and constantly heals itself while dealing good damage. If you have access to the Path of Fire expansion you can also consider Spellbreaker - Strength Greatsword.
- If you don't need , offhand Mace can be used instead of Shield for more damage.
- If you don't need the crowd control or defensive skills from Mace/Shield, you can use main hand or offhand Axes in your second weapon slot.
- Use a Rifle if you need to range something.
- Healing Skills
- - if you aren't taking much damage.
- - a big heal that also maxes out your adrenaline.
- Utility Skills
- - more dodges.
- - deals more damage than but tends to knock enemies away from you.
- - alternative to if you don't need a stun break.
- - alternative to if you're taking a lot of damage.
- - alternative to if conditions are a problem.
- - panic button.
- Elite Skills
- - longer duration of boons than but also a longer cooldown.
- - grants stability, mobility, and crowd control.
- - if you don't need healing you can take this for a large damage increase.
- - if you need your shield skills a lot.
- - if you need your mace skills a lot.
- - if conditions are a problem.
- - if running rifle.
- - if running axe.
- If there are nearby players, you can run Tactics instead of Defense to grant them a lot of increased damage with and . If you do this, it's also worth running and , and traiting in Discipline.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Warrior - Power Bannerslave and Spellbreaker - Power DPS builds for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- If running Axes, you should use axes with the same stats and sigils as your greatsword.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- For a tankier option you can run full Marauder stats. You lose about 10% damage but your health is increased by over 6000 (25k up from 19k).
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- Greatsword is your primary weapon. Just and burst as often as possible, filling with autoattack chains as needed.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain.
- Remember that roots you in place, don't use it if you need to move or dodge soon.
- deals good damage if you need to move or you can whirl into a wall.
- is worth using over autoattacking (as long as the projectile isn't eaten by a wall).
- is worth using as a gap closer.
- Activate and off cooldown for boons.
- When possible, use before your burst damage to get the bonus from .
- If running the dual axe variant, you should constantly swap between Axe/Axe and Greatsword to use their damaging skills. While on Axe/Axe, you should prioritize > > .
- Mace/Shield is your defensive weapon set. Use it to block attacks and stun enemies.
- If you need to block/stun stuff a lot, you can trait and for reduced cooldowns.
- can be used to evade attacks and reposition.
- You can slot , , or for more damage mitigation.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- You get quite a lot of sustained healing from and .
- You can cleanse conditions by weapon swapping or using . For more condition-heavy fights you should run or .