Weaver - Air Staff
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Weaver build for running around in open world. This build is fragile but deals high AoE damage from a distance.
- Compared to Weaver - Arcane Staff, this build is more immobile and takes more planning, but capable of much higher damage. It excels when supported by other players in group events, allowing the Weaver to deal damage from safety.
- Healing Skills
- - if conditions are a problem. Synergizes with covering its long channel time.
- Utility Skills
- - higher damage than if you don't need the defense.
- - more mobility.
- - get out of jail free card.
- Elite Skills
- - high damage and mobility.
- - if you need condition cleanse.
- - provides more Blind if having trouble with trash mobs.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses the same gear as the Weaver - Power DPS Staff build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- For a tankier option you can run full Marauder's stats. You lose about 10% damage but your health is increased by almost 60%. This is especially useful on Staff Weaver because of your low base health pool and lack of defenses.
- If you're having trouble you can use the following consumables:
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream for more healing.
- Cup of Light-Roasted Coffee can be used to speed up your burst combo after dismounting.
- Attunement management is key to playing Weaver. Continuously swap attunements to get access to your different damaging skills, and double attune to whenever possible to benefit from .
- is your main attunement with the high-damage and .
- is your best secondary attunement in open world, providing burst damage from and .
- deals good delayed damage with and .
- isn't really useful but can provide a small amount of healing and condition cleanse.
- Try to open with Dual Attack skills to benefit from and guarantee critical hits for your burst damage skills.
- AoE placement is very important with this build, as they make up the bulk of your damage. Be sure enemies won't move out of your attacks after you cast them.
- You can place or to trap enemies in your .
- You can aggro enemies with a ranged attack, then run behind a wall or corner to break line of sight. This forces enemies to come to you and lets you hit with an easy // combo.
- You can use without interrupting .
- provides an extra body that can tank damage for you, which can be helpful for doing hero points or group events without support. Earth Elemental draws enemy aggro and takes hits for you, while Ice Elemental provides great crowd control and healing.
- If using or , treat these as high-damage fillers you can use while and are both on cooldown.
- Remember to cast to keep up swiftness for .
Air Specific Tips
- is one of your most powerful skills. You can use it in Air or Fire for a high-damage opener, or in Earth for a zone that continuously blinds enemies.
- deals more damage, but has a much shorter cooldown allowing you to throw it out liberally.
- blinds enemies for 10 seconds, allowing you to channel with impunity.
- and (in Lightning Hammer)
- (from Ice Elemental)
- (from Air Elemental)