An offensive condition damage mirage build able to pump out a lot of conditions quickly whilst using evades, blinds and cc to avoid damage and create chaos/confusion amongst your foes!
Utility Skill Notes
- Allows you to engage, dump as many conditions and retreat if necessary. Also causes a blind which synergises with . Worth noting both casts of this skill create a clone via
- Such a versatile skill I would argue it is mandatory for this build! Passively provides 20% condition duration and an on use stun break, stealth and blind (and therefore also confusion via ).
- A fantastic tool for any PvP Mesmer. Allows you and your team to reposition across the map or escape a losing battle.
- Extra condition damage and a strong on use stun.
- This build lacks boon removal so this can help.
- Reliable boon/condition removal
Some thoughts behind the trait choices:
- Weapon skill improvements; for reducing cds and applying additional conditions.
- Shatter skill improvements; all shatters now additionally cause blind, torment and grant you vigor!
- Blinds cause confusion; as you may have noticed by now this build can inflict a lot of blinds. Why not make them also cause confusion via !? It also causes your interupts to blind (and therefore confuse) as well.
- Clone creation for more shatters; with you have effectively 6 deception casts to creat a clone via
- Condition duration and more bleeds; The icing on the cake, with you have effectively +92.33% duration to ALL conditions which is insane! Also inflicts extra bleed stacks when you gain .
- This will change your play style a fair bit as you will want to generate 3 clones evade then as opposed to shattering them straight away. Personally I prefer shattering straight away as it keeps the build fast paced and clones tend to die quickly in pvp.
- Could work well in conjunction with the above trait for more clones to shatter and cast .
- A great defensive option for on demand condition removal & stun break.
- Generate endurance for more &
- Adds the poison condition to your arsenal. This is mostly for reducing your target's healing but also as an extra condition to make it more difficult for your target to remove your main damaging conditions.
- Condition damage and duration, perfect! Also the 6 slot effect works very well with given its low cd and close range. Oh look another blind!
The Main idea behind this build is to inflict a multitude of nasty conditions while staying safe by evading, blinding, ccing and dashing away. If done correctly you should leave your target a blind hobbling mess melting to conditions.
Here is an example opening sequence. The opener will take some practice as there is a lot to do fairly quickly but if you pull it off your opponent won't know what hit them.
- Evade ->
- Weapon Swap
- if you need to retreat OR another if not
- for a prolonged fight OR to finish low hp targets
Example Opener Video
I made a video showing me performing the opener. As you can see the poor golem was overloaded with 7 conditions as I zoomed around and cc'd him. This probably isn't a perfect opener but I just wanted to show how you are able to quickly dive in dump conditions, cc and disengage. Note that torment and confusion will do significantly more damage against a player that is moving & casting.
- Plays.tv: Condition Mirage PvP Opener
- Given the multitude and frequency of conditions you apply your targets condition removal will struggle to keep up.
- Stay elusive via dashes, dodges and stealth.
- Though this is mostly intended as a 1v1 dueling build many of your abilities are AoE so you can cc and damage multiple opponents.
- Try not to stay at 2 endurance bars for too long while in combat as you will be wasting your high endurance regen via vigor and . This will waste opportunities to evade and use . Save at least one bar for defensive evading.
- Weapon swap often to cycle your phantasms and proc your sigils.
- As long as it is safe to do so, stay in melee range when shattering (as you create the effect around yourself).
- Choose the shatter most appropriate for the situation for damage output, to disrupt multiple enemies and for survival. is also good but mostly a filler as this is primarily a condition build.
- Whilst finishing downed foes and are great for keeping you alive and uninteruptable
- You have reasonable condition removal/transfer options via , and
- As the passive is so valuable, use only as an emergency stunbreak & stealthy escape.
- Have fun zooming around and creating havoc!