Deadeye - Marauder Rifle
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This PvP Deadeye Rifle build takes Thief's role of outnumbering to the extreme, potentially bursting targets down in mere seconds.
- over - trades valuable sustain and utility in general for better burst setup. In the burst combo use it before .
The secondary set can be changed based on personal preferences, there are several alternatives to Sword/Pistol:
- Dagger/Pistol, which has a great leap finisher for or synergy plus can substitute if there's some anti-projecile field in the way.
- Replace Sigil of Savagery with Exploitation.
- Sword/Dagger brings its own very diverse kit to the table which mixes damage, mobility, and survivability (among other things).
- Take Sigil of Courage and Exploitation.
- gives up some burst damage but makes it easier to land through Immobilize.
- Superior Rune of Strength(1): +25 Power (2): +10% Might Duration (3): +50 Power (4): 20% Might Duration (5): +100 Power (6): +20% Might Duration; +5% damage while under the effects of might.
Elite specialization basics
- is replaced by , which has greater range but also a cast time. We're still going to refer to this as steal.
- Stolen skills are also replaced by new ones for each profession, although these are much less situational and can be used more freely. One thing to note is that you cannot pick the target freely for the new stolen skills, they will always be used on your marked target (even if they are in stealth, which can be useful for finishing off low HP stealthed targets).
- If you want to know more about these skills, here's a list of them from the official wiki.
- Your specialization resource is called Malice. It's built using attack skills with initiative cost on your marked target and you can have up to 5 stacks of Malice, each increasing your damage by 3%. Stealth attacks such as consume Malice and are further empowered based on the number of Malice stacks.
- At the 5 Malice threshold stolen skills such as grant Stealth on activation, which is going to be their primary purpose - but be wary that they also do damage, so if you were already in stealth these will reveal you instead. There is a workaround for this however: stolen skills need line of sight (LoS) to deliver damage, if you intentionally break LoS then you can use them for the stealth without drawbacks.
- Start fights with to begin passively building Malice. Stealing also procs , which gives you a ~4 second window to burst targets while you have Quickness and the stat increase that comes with it.
- provides easy stealth access on rifle, the only limiting factor will be endurance.
- recharges . Use it when you either run out of initiative, want to gain Quickness, have to switch targets, or need to interrupt via .
- is easily the most versatile skill in the build. Couple of applications include:
- Extending the reach of rifle by 1200 range instantly.
- Escaping from melee, and then doing it again with when they get close.
- Stomping downed opponents with Shadowstep ⇒ Shadow Return.
- Breaking stun and cleansing conditions.
- Breaking stealth with damage can be beneficial for your burst thanks to - does it by default.
- is good for more than just cleansing conditions or boosting your precision, its active effect restores an entire dodge roll's worth of endurance which can be turned into stealth.
- is both a defensive and offensive elite. The rather lengthy evade frame with increased movement speed makes it an excellent panic button when you're being focused by the enemy team. On the other hand the skill deals heavy AoE damage whilst evading, which makes it great for pressuring melee targets in general with next to no risk.
- Note: skills like or are able to interrupt Dagger Storm, so don't be completely careless.
Main weapon set. Burst, mobility, easy stealth access.
- Rifle technically has 10 skills, but about half of them won't be used much.
- swaps your rifle skills for more powerful ones, but makes you stationary (this can be cancelled with the same button). You can still dodge roll, teleport, and without breaking kneel. Always kneel if you want to do damage with rifle attack skills.
- is basically the of this build when it comes to mobility, but that's just one aspect of it. In combat this serves as a spammable condition cleanse or even combo tool for stealth access when used in a smoke field.
- We recommend that you set up a bind for "about face" (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement). This makes it easier to teleport forward with this skill using the following sequence: about face ⇒ ⇒ about face.
- (TRB) will be the main skill to spam on the weapon, this is where most of your damage comes from, not to mention Might and Malice stacking.
- can be used either to set up burst with the Immobilize, or as a cheaper way to reach the Malice cap (Spotter costs 3 Initiative and gives the same amount of Malice as the 6 initiative TRB). The boons provided are also quite good.
- At maximum (5 stacks) of Malice you should enter stealth and do a . Exceptions include targets at very low health, in that canse it may be quicker to just spam them down with TRB.
- At maximum Malice prioritize using stolen skills for stealth access, don't waste dodges if you don't have to!
- could be useful against other ranged specs, but a more common application of it is stealth stacking. It's a combo field which can be utilized by you or your team. After dropping SC at your feet, cancel kneeling and use to combo stealth (the two skills are also tied to the same button).
Rifle burst rotation template:
- , which already puts you at 1/5 Malice with
- x2 or x2 or a mix of both - after this, you should be at 5/5 Malice
- Stealth using either a stolen skill or a dodge
This is the secondary set. Good for cleaving downed targets, interrupting important skills, defending yourself vs melee, or finishing off targets who have projectile denial.
- is the burst skill of this set. Use it for downed cleave, CC, finshing off targets, or to defend yourself after swapping weapons if you got focused on rifle.
- adds some more mobility to the build and the immob can be used to set up Pistol Whip.
- is a quick interrupt.
- The auto attack chain can deliver some serious pressure especially with high Might stacks and Quickness.
- is good for blinding downed targets or providing a stealth field for the team.
- Weapon swap and stealth