Dragonhunter - Meditrapper
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Dragonhunter build for PvP focusing on burst, CC, and minor team support utilizing Traps, Wings of Resolve, and Symbols.
- over - if you think you're not going to need the mass cleanse or the decently low cooldown stunbreak from CoP (which should rarely be the case). It is quite strong against Mirage though as the cleansing is needed more frequently and clones die to its AoE damage.
- You can replace with both of the other traits depending on what you (dont) need in certain matchups. When you do that you should useon Virtues.
- It is not recommended to change Annulment or Agility, the other two sigils depend on your matchup and your playstyle. Other good sigils include Revocation, Cleansing and raw damage sigils like Separation, Exploitation and Opportunity.
- The ring created by a triggered deals more damage than the initial trigger, and a significant portion of your burst damage comes from pulling/pushing foes through it.
- Drop the trap preferably at your target's feet so that they spring it immediately and not after you already blew a CC. Consider jumping in with if they were far away.
- Push them outside the ring with either or .
- Pull them back in with (secondary skill of ).
- If possible, swap weapons and use the other knockback skill too that you didn't 2 steps before.
- can also be used defensively as it's an instant cast skill that's also usable while stunned and grants Protection. If you're not going to combo it for some reason and don't need it defensively either, try to drop it at the edge of the capture point - this should limit your opponents' movement and make it harder not to cross it, potentially baiting out dodges.
- is unblockable and can be used to interrupt blocking skills thanks to .
- removes a total of 5 conditions and gives a substantial heal to you and your teammates, use it often. It's also an excellent mobility tool in combat.
- breaks stun and blocks all attacks in front of you, use it to relive pressure from you and your team - for example, you can stand facing foes attempting to cleave downed teammates while you or your team is reviving them. If you are not getting focused hard you should try to keep it for situations where your team need to rez or stomp.
- The reason
- Try to burn through all of your virtues before resorting to . RF is a great skill to use if you're being focues by the enemy team and you don't have any CDs left. Just keep in mind that this skill makes you lose capture point contribution for its duration.
- This is the defensive set of the build, but still has some hard hitting skills.
- The main source of burst damage here comes from . Note that the projectiles can be very unreliable in anything but melee range. Always try to use it after swapping weapons to get the most out of
- has many uses: vertical mobility via teleportation, symbol for cleaving, or a combo field which can be used for AoE cleansing by executing a blast finisher in it.
- Use when you or an ally is about to be focused by the enemy, or if you're already pressured. It also applies boons in a cone, try to aim it at as many allies as possible.
- As mentioned above, is mainly a combo tool, but you can also use it for general CC (even neutralizing enemy points) or to defend against some ranged attacks. It forms a dome around you for a couple of seconds, blocking projectiles. You can choose to detonate the dome with its chain skill, which will cause a bit of AoE healing.
- High sustain builds such as Mender Druids will outlast it in 1v1s.