Herald - Condition Mallyx
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A condition-based Herald build with decent boon removal, pressure, and utility. Once part of the PvP metagame, now struggling to reclaim its former glory.
- is an equally viable alternative.
- Start the match on Dragon stance (Glint) and immediately activate the following 4 upkeep skills for party buffing:
- 's upkeep effect pushes your extra boon duration to 78% which can be quite useful for skills that grant Resistance, Might, or your dodge which grants Stability. In combat it's best used with and for a brief period of time before unleashing its chain skill for a plethora of boons.
- Chain with in order to blast AoE Might or for AoE Blind.
- Swapping legends deactivates the upkeep skills of that legend without sending them on full CD.
- can be used to knock downed opponents away from their rezzing temmates, or to knock them off of capture points - this allows you to take the cap while bleeding them out, delaying their respawn.
- Try not to use 's chain skill when procs - incoming damage will be reduced by 50%. Less damage taken means less damage converted into healing.
- Most of the damage will come from the trait Abyssal Chill, which inflicts 2 stacks of Torment whenever you chill a target, making the strongest AoE skill of the build while significantly bumping up the damage of on single-target.
- - unblockable, high pressure, good gap-closer and the Chill can slow down disengaging enemies.
- won't hit particularly hard but it's good for stacking Might and evading attacks.
- hits everything between you and the target so targeting the furthest foe away from you will usually result in more boons removed and more pressure applied to the enemy team.
- The corruption line has 2 viable Grandmaster traits, both with a 240 trigger radius:
- - adds some extra pressure even while using defensive skills. Best used against Power oriented teams with few sources of boon removal.
- - great (and not exclusively used) versus other condi comps. Pros: instant activation, can be used with sword #3 to eliminate the chance of your opponent being out of range, chance to apply conditions you otherwise don't have access to. Cons: might not copy the best 3 conditions on you, less effective against Power based opponents.
- Downed targets: + + + Mace auto attacks. This chain will make sure that your opponent won't get up anytime soon.
Self Sustain & Disengaging
- Resistance from pulses after the heal from
- is your third healing skill. It heals for a fair amount, blocks attacks but stops you in place making you an easy target -watch out for Unblockable abilities like traited with .
- will be your best mobility tool and on some maps can be used to leap to places where enemies can't follow (or at least, not easily).
- aimed at your character heals for a small amount and grants Protection.
- is the most reliable skill to use if you want quick access to Resistance - while other Demon Stance skills may grant Resistance as well, this is your only on-demand access to the boon while is on CD.
- Heavy boon removal combined with high condition pressure