Spellbreaker - DPS Spellbreaker
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Spellbreaker build for WvW. Combines high personal damage, good personal survivability and extreme boonrip.
First Weapon Set
- strong in fights with heavy range pressure
- for more access to stunbreaks and AoE cleanse.
- over if conditions are not an issue.
- Less damage for a modest CC
- Less damage and self sustain for more boon removal
- Defense is a reasonable sustain increase at the cost of a large potion of damage.
- feast option with additional power and ferocity.
- Use as much Marauder gear as you need to survive, fill in other slots with Berserker's for a small DPS increase
- Once in full Berserker's , Assassin's may be used in some slots for a very small DPS increase, the amount of Assassin's to use will depend on your average might uptime so make use of an Effective Power calculator.
- You can drop for:
- on Greatsword (for )
- , and are all equally viable options if looking for damage rune sets.
- pure damage option
- against condition pressure.
- cheaper option.
Elite specialization basics
- (FC) recharges your Burst skills. Always try to use it when you can refresh their cooldown. If you're under heavy pressure you can use full counter as a last resort, but focus primarily on using it for burst.
- To ensure triggers, briefly move into hostile enemy ground pressure. It shouldn't be hard to proc, unless the enemy is retreating or disengaging.
- FC is both a defensive and an offensive skill in the build as it blocks, evades, grants Stability, Resistance, and performs an unblockable AoE damage/CC attack when triggered.
- This build focuses on close range damage dealing, heavy crowd control and boon removal.
- Adrenaline generation revolves around constantly weapon swapping, to proc , and connecting your CCs and Burst skills to proc and .
- keeps gameplay rather fast paced with minimal downtime.
- removes Immobilize when using a movement skill - list of movement skills in the build: , and .
- will be saved for Winds.
- Unlike Scourges, your boon removal skills don't turn the enemy boons into conditions, which, at a first glance, would look bad simply because you are somehow "stealing" potential boon corrupts from your scourges and, therefore, softing the condi pressure on your foes. However, in the current meta, the fact that condition convert is still relevant, due stuff like and
- (WoD) is a channel skill that moves with the Spellbreaker, applies an effect which prevents enemies to get boons and also removes boons. It's the most important skill in the build, and should always be communicated whenever casting it, if it gets interrupted and whether it's available or not.
- This skill moves with your character. Be mindful not to accidentally cancel it with dodge rolls or skills as it must be channelled.
- WoD can be used both offensively and defensively as long as coordinated it with your team pressure. Wells, shades and overall damage must be landed alongside WoD AoE to get enabled and enhanced. Using WoD without any relevant friendly follow up is discouraged and brings no teamplay value.
- The bubble covers a big area, so you don't have to be on top of the enemy all the time, you could lock then through the edges.
- Overlapping multiple WoDs for a stronger boonrip spike might be interesting on all-in and triple way scenarios, yet pacing it is the safest choice in general.
- will be 100% your opener whenever you get in melee range, for the huge adrenaline it provides thanks again , and the damage boost with . Besides that, it will be used on engages and re-engages for the spike boonrip it provides.
- will be spammed off cooldown for massive damage. Since it grants Fury, expect to get corrupted and Blind, thought you can easily cover it, by having Resistance or throwing another skill in the mix, before casting your next burst skill.
- our primary damage spike is , , for a quick and painful spike.
- won't see much use, because once out of cooldowns, you should swap weapon sets. Still, it's decent for cleave and to fill downtime.
- is situational. You stand still during channel, which means hitting CC'ed, movement impaired and downed foes is the ideal setup for this ability. However, you could still go for it anytime and still make good use, as long as the animation is canceled once enemies leave the AoE.
- Try to use your burst skills before for maximum DPS and also to refill adrenaline.
- deals substantial damage and an evade frame. Should NOT be used only for its mobility function.
- Use for filler damage.
- will be used mostly for repositioning or gap closing, fastly covering a large distance. Also usable for good single target damage.
- Don't have any foe targeted if using it for mobility.
- is a massive damage spike, but be aware that dodge rolling will cancel the cast.
- can give you quickness before whirling, letting you spin to win faster.
- is a good small damage spike. Use this straight after swapping to the weapon for boons and a small spike.
- is a strong single target execute that can be used at range.
- is worth casting, but do not use your to reset it, as arcing slice is more valuable.
- In general, try not to full counter on Axe at all, as we want to save it for F1-F2-F1 combos with greatsword.
- YouTube: [rQm] Lapiy
- YouTube: [tF] Inkk
- YouTube: [LAYS] Nephistos
- YouTube: [tS] Astray