Weaver - D/F Lightning Rod
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Weaver build for PvP which uses the trait Lightning Rod to turn CC into burst, while also mitigating direct damage through the Weakness it applies.
Elite specialization basics
- Weaver allows the Elementalist to attune to 2 elements at the same time, and skills 1-5 are decided based on both. Let's call them primary and secondary attunements.
- If you swap to then fire becomes your primary attunement and weapon skills 1-2 will be fire skills. Afterwards if you switch to for example then water is now your primary attunement and fire's moved to secondary - now skills 1-2 are water and 4-5 are fire. Skill 3 is a dual skill influenced by both active attunements ⇒ fire + water for example is .
- The order of the attunements doesn't matter here, water primary with fire secondary has the same dual attack as fire primary and water secondary. Attuning to the same element twice has its own dual skill.
- should seldom be touched, as the passive is extremely valuable. Note that several trait procs also count as skill activations and will benefit from the passive of this signet.
- Unless you either have a high amount of Confusion on you, or you're already at maximum health, you should always be casting something (autoattacks will do too). This is to get the most out of this signet's passive.
- Cycle fire -> air -> fire -> air to maintain Swiftness while roaming between capture points.
- Every stance applies Stability which has many uses, including safe stomping downed enemies or securing important skills.
- can be cancelled by stowing your weapon in rare cases when the full evasion isn't needed (let's say you have to cleave a downed target and must keep the pressure up, but had to break stun). Another application includes pressuring targets through and whilst evading incoming attacks.
- is the bread and butter of this build, causing every CC effect in the build to add to your damage. The general palystyle revolves around weaving together hard hitting skills such as with CC for burst damage.
- Attuning to the same element twice grants , which is a decent damage increase. makes obtaining this buff easier.
- plays a major part here as well, constantly mitigating damage trough Weakness spam.
- Sustain's low in general, especially when it comes to handling conditions. Cleansing is limited to your sigil, dodging on , and . Perhaps your best tool against conditions is , which makes you immune to incoming conditions and causes you not to take damage from the ones already on you for its duration.
- Earth #4-5 in general are some of your strongest defensive tools. Due to their placement on the skill bar however, as a Weaver you may not gain access to these skills immediately when swapping to . This can be solved by using in case of emergency. Unravel's also great for grabbing on .
- lets you kite melee opponents should you need some breathing room.
- Twitch: Boyce