D/P Thief is focusing on decapping enemy points, outnumbering thus quickly deciding skirmishes, stealthing, and ganking low health/squishy targets in teamfights.
For the optional slot:
- - instant AoE stealth which can be used both defensively (getting rid of enemy focus / saving a downed ally from getting stomped) and offensively (quick access to Backstab).
- - short CD stunbreaker, block, and CC.
Superior Sigil of Exploitation
Deal 5% extra damage to targets below 50% health.
2 Superior Sigil of Fallibility
On hit: Inflict vulnerability for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 2s)
9 Superior Sigil of Energy
Gain 50% of your endurance when you swap to this weapon while in combat. (Cooldown: 9s)
9 Superior Sigil of Cleansing
Remove 1 condition when you swap to this weapon while in combat. (Cooldown: 9s)
Superior Rune of the Scholar
(1): +25 Power (2): +35 Ferocity (3): +50 Power (4): +65 Ferocity (5): +100 Power (6): +10% damage while your health is above 90%.
+1050 Power +1050 Precision +560 Vitality +560 Ferocity
Superior Sigil of Absorption Superior Sigil of Absorption
Steal a boon when interrupting an enemy.
Superior Sigil of Courage 2 Superior Sigil of Courage
On hit gain might for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 2s)
can be considered if you're having trouble utilizing the 6th bonus of Scholar.
Superior Rune of the Pack
Superior Rune of the Pack
(1): +25 Power (2): +10% Swiftness Duration (3): +50 Power (4): 25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies might, fury, and swiftness for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 20s) (5): +100 Power (6): +125 Precision; +20% Swiftness Duration
- The thief's role is to almost constantly keep moving,
and other shadowsteps make this profession the most mobile one. Decap unguarded capture points, +1 fights (rotate to outnumber the enemy team on a point, quickly ending the fight and then move on), provide AoE stealth for your team, interrupt foes with stability by landing Infiltrator's Arrow 6
, and gank targets in teamfights.
Shadowstep to your foe and steal from them.
- In larger fights, camp shortbow and stay in range until an opening shows, then pressure the target with D/P.
- Optional: is an elite skill chain of 3, the final one is capable of instantly finishing downed targets. There are 3 important things to note:
- The chain doesn't have to happen on the downed target in order to finish, you can do the first couple of strikes on a nearby foe and then use Steal to teleport to the desired downed target, instantly finishing him with the final strike.
- The elite itself deals considerable damage, if you managed to send the target into downed state with , downed state will be skipped and the target dies immediately.
- Finishing Blow can be blinded in which case the target will survive.
- When an enemy dies, try to be on Shortbow in order to build up Bloodlust sigil stacks.
- Note: never use stealth while is active on a target or it will reveal you shortly after.
- is seldom used to deal damage, it's mainly just a tool which is used to gain stealth by performing a Leap finisher in Black Powder, and sometimes adds an extra bit of mobility. A higher damage combo however involves this skill: Black Powder ⇒ Heartseeker ⇒ Steal (while in the middle of casting HS) ⇒ attack (Backstab) - this way the target will recieve the damage of Steal, Heartseeker, and Backstab (plus the sigil procs) almost simultaneously.
- It's important to note that the distance travelled by the skill can be changed by adjusting the camera angle - facing the ground while using HS reduces the range by a great amount, which allows the thief to perform 4 leap finishers inside a single Black Powder instead of just 3.
- will be your main gapcloser and a significant source of damage. While the skill is blockable, the Blind and teleport aren't. It's possible to use it while in stealth without getting revealed by stowing your weapons after the port happens - this also allows the user to land Backstabs better.
- , thanks to isn't just an interrupt, but also a rather significant part of your damage. Some targets can be ganked just by spamming Headshot while autoattacking inbetween.
- will be your source of stealth - combo it with for self stealthing, shortbow's for AoE stealth, or for almost instant AoE stealth. Another use includes dropping it on downed enemies in order to blind their interrupt skills, making stomping easier.