Daredevil - Dagger/Pistol
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
D/P Thief is a PvP build that's not only an asset to the team because of its pressure, but also the utility it brings - most notably the insane mobility and the AoE stealth. Focuses on decapping enemy points and outnumbering fights before quickly moving on to the next one - in short, its role is map control. One of the harder builds to play.
- over- better burst but lower sustain.
- - shareable unblockable CC.
- trades utility for better burst.
Critical Strikes can replace Deadly Arts if you'd like to focus more on Backstab (and burst damage in general), but it's going to cost you some utility and sustain:
- Pick up on Trickery.
- Take as one of your utilities.
Sigil of Absorption can be replaced by:
- - an equally viable alternative to Scholar with more emphasis on finishing low HP targets.
- At the start of a match a D/P thief should never be the one sent to capture the node closest to its spawn. Always go to the middle point with your team or help someone push far and stack AoE stealth using the +combo shortly before arrival.
- The thief's role is to almost constantly keep moving. ,
- If taken, should be shared with as many allies as possible, including AI such as pets. This skill can make just about anything unblockable, even.
- In larger fights, camp short bow and stay in range until an opening shows, then pressure the target with D/P.
- can be used to regain endurance even while out of combat. More endurance means more dodges, and dodging provides excellent mobility in this build.
- Note: never use Stealth while is active on a target or it will reveal you when the damage goes off.
- is the most powerful tool in a thief's kit and should not be wasted! Do not start fights with steal, keep it for the right moment (mainly to interupt important skills such as heals or elites).
- Steal refills endurance, grants initiative, inflicts Poison, does damage, heals for ~2k, and provides a variety of boons for you and your team. Its most important function however is the instant boonstrip that prioritizes Stability, which goes off before the Daze does, resulting in an instant interrupt.
- adds a gambling element to this skill and could even reset the CD of your heal or elite skill!
- Much of the damage on this set comes from ganking targets with autoattacks and . The final skill of the attack chain -- also applies Poison which reduces healing received by the target, while the middle skill regenerates a bit of endurance.
- (HS) is seldom used to deal damage. It's mainly just a tool for comboing stealth by performing a Leap finisher in(BP), and sometimes adds an extra bit of mobility. Other than that it may be useful for finishing targets below 25% HP who are just out of melee range.
- Note: if you're not in Stealth, hitting a target with the BP + HS combo will deal damage to them and give you stealth after the strike went off, pefectly setting up a . However, if you already had stealth then the damage will instead reveal you and prevent the next stealth from being applied!
- Note: if you're not in Stealth, hitting a target with the BP + HS combo will deal damage to them and give you stealth after the strike went off, pefectly setting up a
- will be your main gapcloser on this set. There are a couple of things to note about this one:
- Shadow Shot has 2 parts: first one is an unblockable teleport/blind, while the second part deals damage. If you're in stealth and don't want to lose it, it's possible to cancel the 2nd part of the skill by using stow weapon immediately after the Blind is applied (you should definitely set up a bind for it if you haven't already).
- Because of its unblockable part you can use this skill once on blocking targets to ensure that you stay one step ahead of them as Blind makes it harder for them to counterpressure you after the block is over.
- , thanks toisn't just an interrupt, but also a significant source of damage. Other than that it can be combined withfor an interrupting + blinding attack, effectively shutting down the skill they are currently using, and the next one as well.
- will be your primary source of stealth - combo it withfor self stealthing, short bow'sfor AoE stealth, orfor almost instant AoE stealth. Another use includes dropping it on downed enemies in order to blind their interrupt skills - making stomping easier - or comboing it withfor a near-instant long range Blind.
- being a spammable blast finisher has high value for your team when it comes to blasting fields for AoE Stealth.
- provides cheap and spammable evasion in case you're being focused by the enemy team and your defensive skills are on CD. Remains usable even while Immobilized.
- Use on downed enemies especially if they are being revived - Poison decreases healing received by 33% which affects resurrecting speed.
- is the #1 skill for moving around the map in general, cuts down on travel time between capture points drastically.
- is your best souce of cleansing, as it instantly removes 3 conditions. In addition to that, this also refills an entire dodge roll's worth of endurance which can be used as a last resort option for squeezing out more dodges when you're out of endurance and don't have time to heal. Keep in mind that the condition cleansing portion of this skill is AoE! Try to use it near allies whenever possible.
- is easily the most versatile and one of the strongest skills in the build. It has 2 parts:
- The first half is a stun break and teleport, which already has countless applications. A few applications include teleport to safety while pressured, extending your reach in combat, or using the instant mobility boost to decap enemy points before using the 2nd part of the skill to leave just as fast.
- The second half is called . This skill becomes available for 10 seconds after using Shadowstep, and cures 3 conditions in addition to breaking stun again before returning you to your starting location.
- These can also be combined to safe stomp targets: begin stomping, away to safety, and then follow up withat the end of the animation in order to finish the target.
- is fairly simple. This is your second stun breaker, and another source of stealth. As a Blast finisher you can combo it withfor AoE stealth. Just like Signet of Agility, this is a skill you can use to your allies' benefit by sharing its effect with them.
- is both a defensive and offensive elite. The rather lengthy evade frame with increased movement speed makes it an excellent panic button when you're being focused by the enemy team. On the other hand the skill deals heavy AoE damage whilst evading, which makes it great for pressuring melee targets in general with next to no risk.
- Note: skills like orare able to interrupt Dagger Storm, so don't be completely careless.
- Note: skills like
- This is a bit more gimmicky way of playing the build. The main burst combo is the following:
- Choose a target from a distance
- in Black Powder for stealth
- in the middle of the Heartseeker
- from behind or the side
- YouTube: Comprehensive D/P guide by Vallun